Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 12:37:35 PM EDT
How difficult is the process?

Does this allow multiple configs less than 16" or does it have to be specific to a single upper?
(I know its not the upper,,.... its the lower thats SBR'd........ but I'm still asking.....)

Local PD Chief/Sheriff signature required ?

Help from those in the know.........please

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Same process, pretty much, as legally owning a machine gun.

Yes, CLEO and some others have to sign off on your paperwork. Huge headache, if not impossible in many places, including my county in FL, which is technically ClassIII, BUT NOBODY WILL SIGN SHIT.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out the M16/Fall Auto board in the AR forums - lots of information in there, including some tacked threads with FAQs

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=14&t=178305
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:48:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yes, CLEO and some others have to sign off on your paperwork. Huge headache, if not impossible in many places, including my county in FL, which is technically ClassIII, BUT NOBODY WILL SIGN SHIT.

I incorporated to get around the CLEO headache.  Look into doing this...
Your avatar say Texas.  Contact David at www.texasgunstore.com  He's the best at helping with getting incorporated.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Exact same procedure as a MG transfer, only you will need to fill out and use a form 5320.1 instead of a 5320.4...
The "Form 1" is an "Application to make and register a firearm"

You will need to submit it in duplicate, along with the two fingerprint cards and citizenship form...(Along with a $200 check)
Yes, the local CLEO will need to sign-off first...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Exact same procedure as a MG transfer, only you will need to fill out and use a form 5320.1 instead of a 5320.4...

You will need to submit it in duplicate, along with the two fingerprint cards and citizenship form...(Along with a $200 check)

I thought SBRs and AOWs were $5 and only MGs and Supressors were $200.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:10:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SBR is $200 as well
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:31:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I really thought the same thing until I went down to the PD and asked them to sign.... He said Yes and signed away !!!!!!!!!!!!

M4,  where do you live ??????????????

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I really thought the same thing until I went down to the PD and asked them to sign.... He said Yes and signed away !!!!!!!!!!!!

M4,  where do you live ??????????????

Perception has a lot to do with it.  If you show up in overalls and have buck teeth, he's probably gonna do a Spock eyebrow at you and decline the sig.
Come in dressed for a job interview and act civil and show respect, you'll likely get the sig.  Or incorporate...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:12:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SBR is $200 as well

DAMMIT!

I guess I'll just have to SBR a couple of my rifles then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top