Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 7:05:54 PM EDT
OK we all know Sgtar15 has a bad back, he's here ALOT, I understand that, getting around for him probabally sucks to an extent. However I wonder why other people who are here alot are here also. Killing time? I mean its great for a hour or so but WTF lifes short. Someone said "your not here for a long time your here for a good time". Why don't you get out and do something..? Me? my mobility is challanged, and I'm otherwise physically disabled why do you waste your time here when you could be out doing SOMETHING? ANYTHING! I'm curious.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Life member DAV.    Service connected disabilities.  Somewhat restricts my mobility but not too much.

Spent some time in a wheel chair many years ago while recovering.  Sure gives one a new outlook on life.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]
deleted..wrong post
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Lost both legs 12 years ago but I spend most of my time on my ATVs or digging in my 4X4 and snowmobiling and shooting so I have only 290 posts in a few years.
I spend almost all my time outside doing anything I can to stay out of the house.
My loss of my legs was not service related happend after I came home.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#4]
+1

Quoted:
Life member DAV.    Service connected disabilities.  Somewhat restricts my mobility but not too much.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm disabled, with inoperable Degenerative Disk Disease. Several disks are going bad in the lumbar and thoracic areas, causing a few other problems. I check several boards each day, but none with the traffic ARFCOM has. I could stay on here 24 hours and never catch up.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
OK we all know Sgtar15 has a bad back, he's here ALOT, I understand that, getting around for him probabally sucks to an extent. However I wonder why other people who are here alot are here also. Killing time? I mean its great for a hour or so but WTF lifes short. Someone said "your not here for a long time your here for a good time". Why don't you get out and do something..? Me? my mobility is challanged, and I'm otherwise physically disabled why do you waste your time here when you could be out doing SOMETHING? ANYTHING! I'm curious.

I skydive for a living in Florida. Our airplane is in NY right now because of hurricanes and has been for two weeks, so I've been here a lot lately.
During the weekdays when I am working, I have plenty of down time and its brutally hot outside so I spend time in the office surfing. I do most of my work on the weekends.
I like the people here too.

ETA: I only give to 2 charities. DAV and the Christopher Reeve Paralysis foundation.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top