Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 10:18:50 AM EDT
So I'm at work today and in walks one of my local customers, a Police Chief.  We always talked, but never about guns.  So today I get the nerve and ask him what he thought of the ban ending......

Chief: I'm glad
me:  I feel exactly the same
chief: I don't see why anyone besides a terrorist would want one
me:  Oh!?  So you're FOR the ban then?   (must've been some miscommunication)
chief:  yea............I'm all for the right to keep and bear arms, but don't see the point in those things. Just don't see why anyone needs to have automatic weapons.
me: (look of confusion on my face)......automatic weapons???  Those things have been banned since 1934.  These rifles are all semi-automatic.  
chief:  Yea but it's real easy to convert them to full automatic.
me:  Yea, then if you do that, you've commited a felony and go to jail.
chief:  Yea, I suppose.
me:  Besides, what's wrong with these things. If the cops and military can have them, why can't civilians??  Are we inferior??  Don't forget Chief, when people fear their govt, there is tyranny, when the govt fears the people, there is liberty!!

Then he just looks at me like he lost interest.  I couldn't believe that he was this dumb.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#1]
gosh Machine Guns were not banned in 1934 it was 1986
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:Then he just looks at me like he lost interest.

You were requiring him to think.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#3]
he is a cop..he's better/smarter than you you filthy civvie serf!! the nerve of you to even speak to him!!!  

Hahahahaha!! Yeah right!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#4]
So what part of ignorant, and police chief that you had questions about.

lol, just messing with you.  Yea, county chief is pro gun, but was for the AWB.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Where in FL?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:49:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Ft. Myers
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
gosh Machine Guns were not banned in 1934 it was 1986

Machineguns weren't banned in 1986 either.  WTF people.  It's still legal to buy and own a machine gun.  The only thing that was restricted by the FOPA of 1986 was the NEW manufacture, sale, and ownership of NEW machineguns by private citizens.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Congressman on Fox news the other day said the same thing.  Referred to the AWB as banning Full auto and silencers.  Such uninformed dumbass pontificating like he was an authority on the matter.  After I was done yelling at the TV, I looked to see where he was from but they had already switched to some other "expert".

Bunch of lying Jackasses!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#9]
ignorant police chief  

Redundant. I've got one here I think played the banjo in "Deliverance".
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:56:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't forget guys, not everyone loves guns as much as us.  

I know of some cops that can't even fielf strip their Glocks to clean them!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top