Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 6:28:24 AM EDT

We need those hearings, and we need them now.  On the record, for everyone to see, a complete exposition of what happened and why no serious person --and there do not appear to be many in the old media anymore-- can believe these documents are anything but bad forgeries.  Call 202-225-3121.  Ask for the Joe Barton's office and for Fred Upton's office, chairmen of the committee and subcommittee with authority to conduct the appropriate oversight hearing.  Tell them you agree with Congressman Christ Cox, and that you want the hearings to begin next week.  Even if the statement CBS releases at noon (hat tip to Glenn) is a complete admission of error, and even if it names the source that diddled the network, still we need to establish what happened and why as a map of what to avoid in future elections as the technology of fraud advances.

Re: his refernce to Chris Cox, here's what he had to say:

"Dear Chairman Upton:

This is a request that you commence a Subcommittee investigation into the continued use by CBS News of apparently forged documents concerning the service record of President George W. Bush intended to unfairly damage his reputation and influence the outcome of the 2004 presidential election.

In February 2001, the Energy & Commerce Committee held hearings calling the television networks to account for irresponsibly (and inaccurately) calling the outcome of the presidential election in Florida before the polls had closed.  At those hearings, CBS News vowed that the competitive drive to get the story first would be subordinated to 'making sure we are correct,' given that the stakes --the outcome of the presidential election-- were so high....

Despite the growing abundance of the evidence that CBS News has aided and abetted fraud, the network has declined to reveal the source of the disputed documents.  USA Today possesses the same documents, obtained independently from a person representing them to be authentic, and likewise is refusing to disclose his identity.

Given the shortness of time between now and the election which the apparent fraud is meant to influence, and the even shorter time before Congress is scheduled to adjourn, I strongly urge that the Subcommittee move with all deliberate speed to uncover the facts.

Thank you for your attention to this important matter within the Subcommittee's jurisdiction.

Sincerely,

Christopher Cox

U.S. Representative"

Guys, this is just as important as all the calls we made on the AWBan.

The media have been lying about the ban, and lying about everything else for a long time now.  

Its time to throw some light on the cockroaches and watch them scatter.

Join me today in telephoning the number provided by Mr. Hewitt and lets DEMAND hearings on press-induced fraud designed to influence an election.

Points to make:

1.   The experts widely reported almost universally deem these documents forgeries.

2.   ABC news reports that it spoke with two experts that CBS consulted, and both told CBS -- before it aired the telecast -- that there were problems, but CBS went with the story ANYWAY!.   CBS KNEW there were problems and knowingly disregarded them.

3.   The media promised more responsible reporting after their premature call of the election in Florida seriously depressed voting in the panhandle.

4.   Americans are paying attention and they want the TRUTH.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:13:30 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#2]
light on the cockroaches? how about some raid?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:19:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I think this would just be a waste. Move on.

They are forgeries and we will still win in November.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:22:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think this would just be a waste. Move on.

They are forgeries and we will still win in November.

Yeah, Bush will most likely win easily in November, but it would be fun to watch Rather squirm...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:46:01 AM EDT
[#5]
If it was ONLY on Rather it would be a waste, especally since it couldn't be done before the elections...

BUT if it was on the WHOLE TV news industry!  And included not just this story but other problems THAT would be worth the trouble
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:55:31 AM EDT
[#6]
What if it turns out to be Karl Rove....(Lightning & thunder noises)
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:09:01 AM EDT
[#7]
And give the media a chance to spin this as "assault on First Amendment by evil Bush Administration"?

I don't think so. Market competition seems to be doing fine in feeding CBS to the crocodiles a bite at a time. Let that continue as it is more interesting and more favorable to Bush.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:10:31 AM EDT
[#8]
As much as I hate teh news media, I do not want the government to be able to stifle them, not in the least.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top