Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 6:35:08 PM EDT
Went groundhog hunting this afternoon and shot two hogs.  The farm that I hunt on has alternating strips of corn and hay.  Well as soon as I parked the truck I saw one way, way, way out.  I figured what the hell.  I figured it was about 450 yards, so I adjusted accordingly, BAM!  Started walking toward the hole.  At about 200 yards it poked its head out, BAM!  Resumed walking to the hole.  At 10 yards the little devil poked it's head up again, BAM! Total decapitation

I walked over to the next strip of hayfield.  Saw another hog way, way out.  This time I walked through the middle of the corn strip until I figured that I was dead even with where the hog was so I carefuly crept to the edge of the corn/hay and saw it about 15 yards away, BAM! Damn near cut it in half!

Felt good to go out and shoot but boy am I rusty.  I have spent most of the time this summer working on the golf game and fishing.  I guess I really need to start spending time shooting.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya'll still shoot groundhogs?

In SW TN, it's so rare that we see 'em now that I won't shoot 'em.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

There has never been a shortage though the coyotes have been working them hard.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:06:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There has never been a shortage though the coyotes have been working them hard.

That pretty much ended our groundhog shooting, about 20 years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top