Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/13/2004 12:05:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:06:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt.....is there ANYTHING they can't screw up?

Man, I'd love a chance to run that company for a year.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:06:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe they think it expires tomorrow at 12:01 instead of today?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:08:12 PM EDT
[#5]
So does this mean no leo colts?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#7]
They are the reason we got into the whole mess in the first place!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:09:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn phone just rings and rings and rings...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe they're just being responsible and doing their part to keep these Evil Bullet Hoses that have No Legitimate Use out of the hands of lunatic civilians who only want them to kill cops and shoot up schools.

Or maybe they're just dumbasses.

Or maybe both.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Blaming the AWB on Colt?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:14:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought Colt voluntarily stopped installing flash supressors, and lugs before the ban anyhow?  Right or wrong?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I thought Colt voluntarily stopped installing flash supressors, and lugs before the ban anyhow?  Right or wrong?

WRONG !

(only lugs)
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:20:07 PM EDT
[#14]
AUGie Doggie -

Talked to a Clot customer service rep, this is what she said:

Colt (corporate) had not made a decision as to weather or not they are going to sell "police or military" models / model features to the civilian market.

She said that Colt corporate held a meeting this morning to discuss the issue, and that the board and their investors are in a meeting to see if they are going to sell.

She also said that right now Clot is backordered for the complete rifle that they could sell to civilians, and that they have standing orders for the military and law enforcemnt that they need so fill before they start manufacturing for civilians.

I asked if Clot had been asleep for the past 6 months, she stated that "Clot is a professional company that did not just start selling firearms this morning."

She also said that corporate would have a decision for the company tomorrow, and that the distribituers and dealers should know by the end of the week.

Same ole Clot...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:20:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I wouldn't really be surprised if some companies don't continue to adhere to the AWB as part of their own policy. Like Glock, Colt, Ruger, and S&W.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:22:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Yeah so they  could sell to Kalifornia. Fuggers.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I bet Colt doesn't sell LE to civies so they can continue selling to NY, NJ and MA.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Blaming the AWB on Colt?

that is silly. we all know that it was the democrats and bill klinton that brought us the AWB.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:24:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:26:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#23]
They just met to discuss it this morning?  Shit, they shoulda decided months ago.  If the ban had been extended then they simply stamp 'em and sell 'em LEO.

I love my Colt but they do seem pretty dumb.  Gun-shy, I guess, no pun intended.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I thought Colt couldn't sell to individuals only FFLS?

Now that I think about it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:34:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Colt is a sellout company!  They don't give a shit about civilians!  Stop giving them money for christ's sake.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I only own a Colt because it was a helluva deal when preban still mattered.

Now it's just another AR.

I'll never buy anything from the fuckerz.

SG
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:41:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
AUGie Doggie -

Colt (corporate) had not made a decision as to weather or not they are going to sell "police or military" models / model features to the civilian market.

She said that Colt corporate held a meeting this morning to discuss the issue, and that the board and their investors are in a meeting to see if they are going to sell.

She also said that right now Clot is backordered for the complete rifle that they could sell to civilians, and that they have standing orders for the military and law enforcemnt that they need so fill before they start manufacturing for civilians.

I asked if Clot had been asleep for the past 6 months, she stated that "Clot is a professional company that did not just start selling firearms this morning."

She also said that corporate would have a decision for the company tomorrow, and that the distribituers and dealers should know by the end of the week.

Same ole Clot...

What BS.  Clot is just now deciding to have a damn meeting about the AWB's expiration???  Bravo Sierra.

"Hey Bob, holy shit man.  I just read in the paper that the AWB is going to expire today.  Damn,  I wonder if this will have any effect on the company.  Maybe we should have a meeting or something - ??"    

I will not but anything Colt ever again.  I made that decision years ago and I'll stick to it.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
AUGie Doggie -

Same ole Clot ...

I LOVE it.  Thanks KA3B!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Maybe they're just being responsible and doing their part to keep these Evil Bullet Hoses that have No Legitimate Use out of the hands of lunatic civilians who only want them to kill cops and shoot up schools.

Or maybe they're just dumbasses.

Or maybe both.

You forgot "disputed".  I believe that was the term Ms. Fienstein used while asking companies not to sell AW.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#30]
I own 3 colts, I was hoping to buy a colt 9mm. Think I will go on over to the Armalite side.

Maybe armalite will make a 9mm ar ............ohh please please
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
AUGie Doggie -

Same ole Clot...

Looks like RRA(Makers of the DEA rifle) amd Bushmaster are in a good position to take their market share.  What friggin idiots.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Haha, Colt is run by idiots and retards.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#33]
It's funny...some are mad at Colt like they just payed a half million dollar settlement for improper use of one of their products...oh wait, that wasn't them...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#34]
 ^   .....that doesn’t change the fact that colt is run by mongoloids,  and from what I remember Bushmaster paid the remainder of their legal funds to the families to get it over with rather than dragging it out.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:19:04 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Looks like RRA(Makers of the DEA rifle) amd Bushmaster are in a good position to take their market share.  What friggin idiots.

Amen!
Colt doesn't hold the monopoly for well made AR rifles.

Has anyone called Bushmaster or RRA yet to see what they're doing?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:20:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
 ^   .....that doesn’t change the fact that colt is run by mongoloids,  and from what I remember Bushmaster paid the remainder of their legal funds to the families to get it over with rather than dragging it out.

The problem with ripping on Colt like so many do is that they have been bought and sold so many times and have so many different managers, that when they do take steps to improve civilian relations (like bringing to market the M4 Carbine), ppl. bring up the old story of taking the bayonet lugs off and changing the name to Sporter...it's a broken record and has been played out...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amen!
Colt doesn't hold the monopoly for well made AR rifles.

Has anyone called Bushmaster or RRA yet to see what they're doing?

True, but there is a lot of collector interest in the Clots. If you're a shooter, well I think you could find the samething else where.

Clot has not been interested in the civilian/commercial market for a number of years, perferring to sell to military and LE. They're plenty busy with the govt & LE stuff, so there is no need for civilian sales at the moment. Remember Clot is owned by some Saudi guy, forget his name at the moment.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Colt is about to stop civilian AR sales.

Not to mention they are on the verge of bankruptcy (spelling?). I was buying some LEO Sig mags from a reputable and very knowledgeable dealer today. He said Colt was giving him a hard time.

P.S. he had 10 auto FNs for around 8,000 among other things
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#39]
All the reputable AR manufacturers (Bushmaster, RRA, Armalite, etc....excluding colt of course) will be selling 'proper' AR's to the civilian market.  The only reason colt is doing as badly as they are is because of their policies towards the civilian market (which is much larger than some of you seem to realize) whether that is the fault of previous or current ownership is beside the point.   Maybe colt should change their name to mule, seems like a suitable name for such a stubborn, ass backwards company.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:37:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The problem with ripping on Colt like so many do is that they have been bought and sold so many times and have so many different managers, that when they do take steps to improve civilian relations (like bringing to market the M4 Carbine), ppl. bring up the old story of taking the bayonet lugs off and changing the name to Sporter...it's a broken record and has been played out...

No more of a broken record than those who keep blindly defending their policies.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:37:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
AUGie Doggie -

Same ole Clot...

And this is precisely why I don't have a single Colt out of the 50 some firearms that I own.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:41:52 PM EDT
[#42]
I dont want a damn rifle with a sear block, anyway
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Looks like it's Bushmaster or Rock River for me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:01:13 PM EDT
[#44]
I read here earlier that Bushy is selling real AR's starting tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:28:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Part of KOLT"S problem is they have to get along with the State government after it is all said and done .......................also they are hi-profile like SnW when the gun dummies come lynching again they will go for the iconic manufacturer 1st , the rest will follow or else  !!  Boils down to public perception and oppertune litigation !!  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#46]
How many times have they went out of business?

Add up another if they don't start offering the EVIL features.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Once I get the Colt LE rifle sale more or less in the bag I will secure a reliable source for Bushmaster LE models and do a similar sale.

WOOT!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:57:00 PM EDT
[#49]
As a side note, Bushmaster thinks the ban ends tomorrow morning, according to some of the members here who contacted them for parts.  Two local ATF offices in Florida think the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:59:13 PM EDT
[#50]
I own a Colt AR I like my Colt AR but as far as Colt's policy goes...............Horsey shit!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top