Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 5:47:10 AM EDT
FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, THANK GOD ALMIGHTY FREE AT LAST

So the ban expired at Midnight +1. Yesterday I had laid out my parts, dismounted the clinton parts, and headed out to the garage for some woodworking.

My saw caught and kicked back a piece of red oak, which rode up the push stick and into my hand. One snapped little finger and cut ring finger later my wife and I were off the the ER, where we were behind a teen who cut all his fingers off with Mr Sawzall.

Even after seeing this, my finger hurt like a bitch. In fact, the pain was so bad from the thobbing I already felt sick and seeing the teen crying and begging really turned the gut and I almost hurled.  A double dose of V and some codine later, and some time with Mr Splint getting applied, I was back home in time to free my ARs before sleeping the sleep of the newly free. The pin spring for the rear pin and the buffer pin and spring is a real bitch when you can only use the thumb and forefinger of one of your hands and you are high. The wrenching and aligning otherwise went fast and easy.

That three horse table saw is a real beast. I always use a push stick, but in this case the safety device worked against me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:23:30 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT, the finger aches
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:26:43 AM EDT
[#2]
you had intent to build an AW before the ban sunset, therefore you broke the law.  I'm telling
just kidding!!  I put together two myself this morning!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top