Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 9:27:59 PM EDT
I had a dream of a place that I know I have NEVER been to, NEVER seen on TV or NEVER seen in a picture. So how does a human brain design a place that doesnt exist?

Another quest in trying to stump ARFCOM. I have not succeeded yet.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:31:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine normally is places I have been or very similar.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Its probably a mixture of things....kinda like how you can imagine a setting.

Imagination isnt only limited to when you are awake.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:33:00 PM EDT
[#3]
String theory and multiple universes coexisting in the same space and time.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:33:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Its the matrix....
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:34:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Its the matrix....

LOL
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#6]
You visited a location in dream.

Really do you want to do anything to take away the majesty of that, to render the wonderous ephemeral expanse inert by cold analysis?

Maybe its just your nuerons firing wildly as seratonin bonds decompose in the daily process of your nervous system rebooting itself, maybe your uncoscious mind concocted some sort of narrative vision for you to enact so you could learn some sort of lesson, maybe in sleep perchance the dream was a door to another world. a better world, the real world where none of us is handicapped by petty physical constraints...

Perhaps you sauntered past the very gateway to Heaven and didn't know it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Its probably a mixture of things....kinda like how you can imagine a setting.

Imagination isnt only limited to when you are awake.

Yup...abstraction...one of the benefits of consciousness and self-awareness...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:41:14 PM EDT
[#8]
too much Booze?

I gotta say it......

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:41:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You visited a location in dream.

Really do you want to do anything to take away the majesty of that, to render the wonderous ephemeral expanse inert by cold analysis?

Maybe its just your nuerons firing wildly as seratonin bonds decompose in the daily process of your nervous system rebooting itself, maybe your uncoscious mind concocted some sort of narrative vision for you to enact so you could learn some sort of lesson, maybe in sleep perchance the dream was a door to another world. a better world, the real world where non of us is handicapped by petty physical constraints...

Perhaps you sauntered past the very gateway to Heaven and didn't know it.

Ya know, in some of my better dreams....I'd say this makes some sense...and then some.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top