Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 4:49:08 PM EDT
I had the great honor of paying my respects to President Reagan last month.

Air Force One and Marine One awaiting the completeion of the contruction of their new home.

I hope this one comes out ok.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Neet-0, I live here in So. Calif., and I'm about an hour from the library in Simi Valley, and I haven't been their yet.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#2]
It is worth the trip.  In the museum they have a lot of things from his funeral.  The riding boots, the flag that covered his casket, all of the shells from the cannons and rifles.  Each round is numbered.

The day I was there the Premeir of Taiwan was there to lay a wreath at Reagans grave, and Dennis Hastert came for a book signing.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]
BTT in honor of The Gipper!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:26:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I know the Marine Pilots are good, so the helo getting there is understandable, but the zoomie that put the jet down there must be really good.

Haven't been there yet, but  to the Nixon Library a few times a year.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:14:34 PM EDT
[#6]
They have pictures of the 145.5 foot, 60,000 pound fuselage being trucked up the steep road on a specially designed trailer.  It took six hours to move the plane 100 miles.

The wings, engines, and landing gear are in a fenced area in the parking lot.

The Air Force One Pavilion is scheduled to be completed in 2005.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I went there last month.  Well worth the admission price.  I'm waiting for the Air Force One Pavillion to open, but don't mind going again.  

Reagan Years were the best.   I miss the 80's.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#8]
RIP Mr. President.  You saved the country.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
RIP Mr. President.  You saved the country.

GunLvr

Amen brother.  If Carter had won in 1980, the USSR would be the dominant superpower and we would be Argentina with nukes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top