Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 2:51:23 PM EDT
There question their presenting is if the ban made the country any safer.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#1]
ABC = All Bullshit Channel . one can tell after they pushed those forged documents.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:57:50 PM EDT
[#2]
The blurb was actually pretty fair to us. Very fair. I have no problem with what they reported about the AWB. They did say Maryland has an AWB, though. I thought they didn't?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought I was going to puke watching Cnn yesterday
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just saw the story and couldn't believe it.  They came right out and said the ban didn't accomplish anything, it's the bullets that count, and the DC snipers used a totally legal firearm.

Tj

Y'know, maybe I'm being paranoid, but I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop on that one.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just saw the story and couldn't believe it.  They came right out and said the ban didn't accomplish anything, it's the bullets that count, and the DC snipers used a totally legal firearm.

Tj

Y'know, maybe I'm being paranoid, but I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop on that one.

You read my mind.

Bob
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:13:09 PM EDT
[#8]
This was perhaps the most fair representation of the AWB I've ever seen offered from the media.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:13:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Since the sheeple are "on" the news media's original lies, I think they(the anti-gunners) are taking a different strategy. Maybe they're to limit the political damage. Because one day after the ban expires, there isn't going to be blood flowing in the streets, and Uzis and AK47s will be everywhere, that is just plain nonsense BS to scarce the sheeple.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The local ABC affiliate interviewed me last Thursday. I filled the evil wall with black rifles, and 3 of them were LEO/AWB rifles. I wouldn't let them turn the camera on until they could explain to me which 3 of the 16 were "Assault Weapons" .

They thought, like most, it meant machine guns and the total ban of what was on my wall. When she asked me why the pinned non collipsable stock was legal, and the collapsable wasn't because she can't tell them apart - then I let them turn on the camera. During filming she even asked why people/police are saying the one with the bayonet lug and flash hider is more deadly.

When they left, they knew the ban covers nothing more than flashhiders, bayonet lugs, etc. and were genuinely surprised at how little they knew.

I didnt see it, but several customers who saw it, said it was very well done.

There must be video. It'd be wonderful to see it tacked.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#12]
    They said that flash suppressors alowed the shooter to fire at night and not be seen.  I don't know why they keep saying that when a little research would tell them that all a suppressor does is protect the shooters night vision.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
ABC = All Bullshit Channel . one can tell after they pushed those forged documents.

Actually, ABC was the only broadcast news outfit to run the story that the documents were likely forged.

CBS was the outfit that pushed the forged documents.

This does not mean that ABCs Peter Jennings is not a lying piece of shit in most other cases though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks Bigbore:
 I would say that you as well as all of us are lucky they were willing to listen and kept a open mind to the facts. There are so many in the media and our own elected official's that do not care to hear the truth, and have sold their souls for market share, or votes.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:44:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I have noticed for years that ABC can present a more complete and accurate story on guns than any of the other networks.  Not that ABC is not mostly lying scum, like the rest of them.  But occasionally they rise above.  I even remember it during the 94 discussions on enacting the 'ban'.

And as far as the documents.  Isn't it 60 minutes that 'found' them and is still defending them?

DanM
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top