Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 5:19:51 AM EDT
I used to be able to sit and watch for hours, always something good about alligators, navy ships, GUNS>>>> War, planes or just about anything that is interesting. But wtf happened the last few months...

lets see

7:00 p.m  Car makeover show
7:30 trading spaces australia
8:00 pm trading spaces
8:30 motorcyle building show
9:00 trading spaces family
9:30 Car trading spaces show
10:00  clean sweep (trading spaces ripoff)
10:30 more friggin motorcyle chopper shows
11:00 trading spaces late night.......

wtf happened to wings or animal shows, dinosaurs anyone???? wwII programs, nope nothing at all, just painting walls and building motorcycles or a pinto that can empty the trash. even the good channels suck now,,,,,, History is about the only thing I watch now...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:22:53 AM EDT
[#1]
All the cool shows went to the specialized Digital Cable channels.. Discovery Wings, History International, etc. I think there are like 7 Discovery channels alone.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:23:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree.
The creation of The History Channel and Discovery Wings channel opened up the original channels for all that bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:25:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Choices, choices...we have so many choices...300 freakin' channels and still there's nothing to watch...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:25:49 AM EDT
[#4]
"Must... refrain.... from flipping out while thinking of Discovery Times...."  That is one Left wing channel. Damn.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:27:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I HATE those friggin' "makeoever" shows.  Are they trying to cater to chicks or what?!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:29:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I HATE those friggin' "makeoever" shows.  Are they trying to cater to chicks or what?!

I'll never understand the female obsession with changing shit up all the time. What straight man comes home one day and decides to start rearranging furniture? I swear It's all a big plot to make women even more unhappy and unfulfilled.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:33:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yeah.

I hate that crap.  It's no miracle to pour as much money as it takes to make over a house or a woman.
Both take about the same amount.

If I see one more chopper show or someone putting a state of the art entertainment system in a rebuilt house in the ghetto, I'm gonna puke. They use to have good shows that were actually entertaining.
We've got over a hundred channels on cable and I bet there isn't anything worth watching most of the time.  I'm glad I can read.  Fortunately books are still interesting.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:38:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yes!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:38:39 AM EDT
[#9]
my other question is this, why do most of the home makeover shows, they go into what looks like million dollar home areas, and then give these people this stuff,,, what about the regular joes, these other dentists and doctors could afford it on their own. Thats like the lottery, some lawyer with a high profile business married to a doctor who owns a construction company on the side won millions in it, ummm that is bad, but it is the luck of the lucky, hell this man can jet to hawaii anytime he wants, now throw 12 millon more on top of that........
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:40:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I swear It's all a big plot to make women even more unhappy and unfulfilled.

Of course it is...once you've made a woman feel unhappy and unfulfilled, then you can SELL STUFF TO HER!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:41:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
my other question is this, why do most of the home makeover shows, they go into what looks like million dollar home areas, and then give these people this stuff,,, what about the regular joes, these other dentists and doctors could afford it on their own. Thats like the lottery, some lawyer with a high profile business married to a doctor who owns a construction company on the side won millions in it, ummm that is bad, but it is the luck of the lucky, hell this man can jet to hawaii anytime he wants, now throw 12 millon more on top of that........

Life is inherently unfair...deal with it...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:44:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:01:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

And why are all the guys on them flaming homos? The hosts, the guests.....even  the married guys are frigging metrosexuals. Never a guy with a pickup or dead deer on the walls.

OTOH if the "Fag eye for the Straight guys" showed up here I'd double tap all of them and then kick my wife in the Y like she was a guy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:03:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top