Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 12:50:58 PM EDT
Can anyone ID this cool shotgun, it's a Remington 870  I think but who makes the cool pistol grip and butstock/rail assembly?

ANdy
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:52:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Cavalry Arms has what you need.

On looking at that picture, I think you are going to mess up the cool bayonet on firing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#2]
A remington with this kit on it

www.mesatactical.com/sar
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#3]
It`s a Remington 870 with an Argonaut Arms adapter.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#4]
That is a regular old 870.  There is a guy building the stock adapter for em and he bolted on lots of crap in those pictures.

www.argonautarmament.com/
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It`s a Remington 870 with an Argonaut Arms adapter.

What he said.

Argonaut Armament
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Guys…

This could make a nice pair with my AR15/Comp M… just need to find if they will ship to the UK!

ANdy
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:16:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#9]
why would it screw up the bayonet?  They shoot 12 ga in 3 gun comps with mag tubes that stick further past the muzzle than that the shot pattern doesnt start to open up at all until several feet past the muzzle
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Overpriced
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#11]
You start with a 12 gauge pump-action shotgun with a max range of ~50 meters and capacity of 6 shells.  After spending 100's on all that high-speed gear you end up with a 12 gauge pump-action shotgun with a max range of ~50 meters and capacity of 6 shells.  Looks as awesome as hell but what does all that stuff give you?  Red dot optics on a shotgun?  You're operating in CQB range; you'll be faster firing with both eyes open looking over the barrel.

My.02 cents
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You start with a 12 gauge pump-action shotgun with a max range of ~50 meters and capacity of 6 shells.  After spending 100's on all that high-speed gear you end up with a 12 gauge pump-action shotgun with a max range of ~50 meters and capacity of 6 shells.  Looks as awesome as hell but what does all that stuff give you?  Red dot optics on a shotgun?  You're operating in CQB range; you'll be faster firing with both eyes open looking over the barrel.

My.02 cents

…all I wanted was the pistol grip and buttstock…

ANdy
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry mate!  Just my .02 cents-or shillings or whatever you blokes call them!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Argonaut Armament is a Canadian company. Shipping to the UK shouldn't be a problem.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

My.02 cents

Agreed!  I have had a Remmy 1100 for years, and have looked at mag extensions and other toys for years.  Hell, I had the mag kit in my hand like three times over the last few years, but I can't bring myself to spend the money.  Looks cool, but that's about it IMHO.  My remmy has the 20" barrel and rifle sights.  The front sight with the white dot is fine for me for shooting at shotgun ranges, and if I shoot five shots and need to speed load, I grabbed the wrong damn gun!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Is it the Ginsu kitchen companion in 12GA?

brobeebiter, if that's the correct spelling, is the handle of the guy who designed that setup. He posts in the shotgun forum. He said in one of his posts the bayo was a special build, and that he likely won't ever do another. It's a knife welded to some angle iron and clamped on the rail. He ditched the rail as being too heavy and recommends the 870RAS at present. All of the above IIRC, I don't want to speak for the guy. And, I hope I haven't gotten it wrong.
Anyway, he sells the adaptor.
CAVArms has an adaptor that is similar. It comes with a short section of rail.
I haven't tried either, but there have been many long running threads in the shotty forum.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Go to CavArms for your 870 AR-stock adapter.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Tag
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:18:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I gotta say if I had that gun I'd take all that shit off of it except the mag extension and then I would put the factory stock back on it. And I would smack the guy who did that in the first place.

edited to correct spelling.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:44:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Say hello to broken collar bones with the angle of that stock.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:47:21 PM EDT
[#22]
tagged for my future shotgun purchase
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:29:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Brobeebiter is correct.  Check the shotgun forun under the Armory heading.

The long rail is not in production, neither is the bayonet.  He recommends use of the KAC 870 RAS.  I just built one, that is what I bought.  The KAC 870RAS is long enough to mount iron sights AND an EOTech on, the Cav Arms short rail is not.

The EOTech red dot is a good choice due to the 65 MOA ring.  If you were ever needing to shoot slugs at extended range (100 yards), the central 1MOA red dot would prove very handy.

I used TROY Ind. flip up sights front and rear.  They are maore expensive than the YHM units in the photo but not MUCH more and...well, I like them more.

I put an M93A collapsible buttstock on mine.  I also mounted a Surefire forearm.

I have always had an extended magazine on my shotgun.  Witht he 18" barrel and full length magazine tube, it holds 7 + 1 rounds.

Rag on it all you want, it is a bitchin' shotgun.  It is heavier than it was but that should help with the recoil.  It handle better than it ever did.  The buttstock lining up with the barrel should help reduce muzzle flip and reduce recovery time between shots.  I'll let you know in a week or two when I get it to the range.  I can't wait.

As for the bayonet, well,......I agree it's overkill but if you ever needed it you'd be happy it was there.  You guys always talk about shotguns as CQB weapons well a bayonet is the ultimate CQB weapon.  

I'd imagine a thug would think twice before trying to get inside and disarm you if you have a bayonet mounted, no?????
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:08:09 PM EDT
[#24]
OOOH, A gold plated trigger. Wow , that makes all the differance in the WORLD!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:10:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Mesa Tactical is a stone's throw from my house.  I've seen them at the Costa Mesa Crossroads show.  I'd put an AR telestock on an 870...I think it looks pretty nice.  Although putting an EOtech on a shotgun seems to me to be a bit of overkill.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:45:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Here's my tactical bling:
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:01:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Personally, I think a traditional AR stock on an 870 looks just plain silly.  That`s why I`m going with an ACE skeleton stock of some sort.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:33:18 AM EDT
[#28]
I don't know about all the bells and whistles on an 870, or any other shot gun. If you are wanting a home defense shotgun, then why don't you just put a folding stock on an 870, get a mag extender (or whatever they are called) and call it good?

To each their own i guess
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:41:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
If you are wanting a home defense shotgun, then why don't you just put a folding stock on an 870, get a mag extender (or whatever they are called) and call it good?

That`s just not tactical enough!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:42:31 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Personally, I think a traditional AR stock on an 870 looks just plain silly.  That`s why I`m going with an ACE skeleton stock of some sort.

Well if your going for looks then by all means...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:43:16 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you are wanting a home defense shotgun, then why don't you just put a folding stock on an 870, get a mag extender (or whatever they are called) and call it good?

Guess not. With all those didly doos, the shot gun just shoots better, and aims better at 2 yards anyway.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:44:08 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guess not. With all those didly doos, the shot gun just shoots better, and aims better at 2 yards anyway.

Aim?  Who said you needed to aim?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:45:07 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aim?  Who said you needed to aim?

well you don't with those bullet hoses that are going to flood the streets!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:49:32 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
well you don't with those bullet hoses that are going to flood the streets!!!

Heck yeah!  I`m gonna turn my pump-gun into one of those more thrusts per squeeze thingies!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:21:17 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Sorry mate!  Just my .02 cents-or shillings or whatever you blokes call them!

We say 'two pennies worth'…

We do 'Practical Shotgun' competitions with steel plates using slugs out to 100yds here in UK, and this looked like a good call,
I would have a shotgun with the same grip and pull as my AR15 which should aid swapping between the two.

Andy
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:32:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Are you a pansy or what?
I'll let you shoot my Mossberg 12 gauge with 3 inch slugs and then let you shoot my Yugo M48  Mauser in 8mm, then you tell me which has a bigger kick.

Wait, I better not, you might break your collar bone.....

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:23:43 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Are you a pansy or what?
I'll let you shoot my Mossberg 12 gauge with 3 inch slugs and then let you shoot my Yugo M48  Mauser in 8mm, then you tell me which has a bigger kick.

Wait, I better not, you might break your collar bone.....

Quoted:

heh heh...

I'm getting so I just have somewhat of a sore shoulder after blastin' with my 48 all afternoon.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:28:51 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Mesa Tactical is a stone's throw from my house.  I've seen them at the Costa Mesa Crossroads show.  I'd put an AR telestock on an 870...I think it looks pretty nice.  Although putting an EOtech on a shotgun seems to me to be a bit of overkill.  

The first EOtec built for Bushnell had replaceable reticles and a shotgun diamond reticle was available.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:31:16 AM EDT
[#39]
48? Dogs who lie down get fleas. Try the M-44/7,62x54R!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:34:24 AM EDT
[#40]
I have.
It's no big deal, just like the 12 gauge and just like the M48.

If you have fleas use some Advantage.

Quoted:
48? Dogs who lie down get fleas. Try the M-44/7,62x54R!

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#41]
If your target is 2 yards away you'd better hit with your first shot otherwise you have about 0.1 seconds before are in a hand-to-hand combat situation.  If the target is 5, 10 or 20 yards away,...if the target is 50 yards away,...If you are using slugs,...there are many situations in which you must aim your gun even though people think they do not need to aim a shotgun.

How many times have you seen skilled shooters completely miss a pepper poppers or have them fail to fall because of a poor hit/near miss?   Many, many is the only honest answer.  The argument that you do not need to aim is bunk.

P.S. -  I agree the gold trigger is total bling bling.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Cavalry Arms has what you need.

On looking at that picture, I think you are going to mess up the cool bayonet on firing.

Thats a flash hider not a pig sticker
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top