Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 4:46:14 AM EDT
The latest issue of Shotgun News has an ad from Bachman Pawn and Gun in Dallas showing a Colt LEO M4 for $889. Underneath it says to call if the ban expires for civilian sales.

Question: are we going to get gouged by greedy dealers who will charge us lowly civvies more automatically for the same gun they now have advertised for LEO????
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:55:23 AM EDT
[#1]
LEO guns did not have the 11% excise tax paid, thus they're cheaper.  The tax is supposed to be paid by the manufacturer when a firearm leaves their factory destined for civilian sale.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:10:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
LEO guns did not have the 11% excise tax paid, thus they're cheaper.  The tax is supposed to be paid by the manufacturer when a firearm leaves their factory destined for civilian sale.

Kharn

So are we to expect an additional 11% tacked onto the price? Something tells me it will be CONSIDERABLY more than that......
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:19:51 AM EDT
[#3]
That price listed should be the out the door price, here in the North-East the price is in the $850's tax is already added in for the LE-6920, with the exception of sales tax.  The distributors are expecting a price increase if the ban sunsets.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:23:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That price listed should be the out the door price, here in the North-East the price is in the $850's tax is already added in for the LE-6920, with the exception of sales tax.  The distributors are expecting a price increase if the ban sunsets.

But WHY??? For what friggin' reason other than greed?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:29:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But WHY??? For what friggin' reason other than greed?

If they sell an AR to a PD or SD for $50-$100 less, they are cutting into their profit margin in hopes of making this up in quantity.  The average gun owner buys a few guns a year.  If they get to supply a large police department, they could sell hundreds.  Most local gun shops here offer a 5% discount to individual officers and a 10% discount to departments, partly for good PR, partly in hopes of becoming a supplier when range day or qualifications come.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:33:50 AM EDT
[#6]
It will be for greed,  as soon as I hear of the increases I will post the new prices.  The other problem everyone has to contend with is that the dealers are looking to buy up all the current inventory and then will gouge prices.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:41:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It will be for greed,  as soon as I hear of the increases I will post the new prices.  The other problem everyone has to contend with is that the dealers are looking to buy up all the current inventory and then will gouge prices.

That's what I was afraid of. Shit, the ban goes away and we end up paying nearly PRE-BAN prices again!

Where is Steyr-Aug? He is advertising pre-orders for LEO guns. What's he going to charge?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:01:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:13:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Got to touch my 6920 the other day.........even thru the plastic bag it was love at first sight.......

Come on Tuesday!!!!!.........
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#11]
There will be a price increase for sure, but within a few months that WILL fall.

The companies that dont have .mil contracts from the WOT will underbid Colt and eventually the whole market will slide down.

But I am interested in what the lowers and parts market will do.  That may drive the market down even sooner.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That's what I was afraid of. Shit, the ban goes away and we end up paying nearly PRE-BAN prices again!

Where is Steyr-Aug? He is advertising pre-orders for LEO guns. What's he going to charge?

Th dealers know that people were willing to pay that price for a used rifle for the last 10 years.  Now, people can pay the same price for a NIB rifle.  And they/we/the people will pay that price.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:32:52 AM EDT
[#13]
i'd say give it about 2 mths and prices will start to drop, not as much as before the ban i.e. 30rd mags $5.00, but significantly.  But if there is ever talk of another ban, especially a permanent one price will sky rocket.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:33:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:36:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:11:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Got to fondle my Govt Carbine today. $879.90 plus sales tax. Pick up next week.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#17]
They cant mark them up in Florida while we are in a state of emergency, that would be price gouging.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:18:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Th dealers know that people were willing to pay that price for a used rifle for the last 10 years.  Now, people can pay the same price for a NIB rifle.  And they/we/the people will pay that price.

Not if we BOYCOTT gougers!
It's OK for a dealer to make a fair profit. But if that dealer, distributer or manufacturer starts to gouge the faithful, I say screw 'em!  Let 'em eat that inventory. When bill time comes rolling along or they get hungry, they'll put that inventory on "SALE".

The only problem is that there are too many "gun sheeples" who'll throw down the cash in ignorance. We should try to educate our un-informed friends. Tell them not to rush in when the gate opens, you'll be crushed in the mass of people! I say wait patiently on the sidelines for the crush to die down. I mean, Hell... the guns are legal now --- they're not going anywhere! They're not limited in numbers any longer (unless you live in Kommiefornia or one of her sister regimes).

Buy when the frenzy dies down and the prices come back in line. --- Unless you truly find a fair deal... in which case I say, "jump down on it!"
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#19]
I doubt it.  LEO/Govt Glock mags are $12.00 right now.  Preorders for those same mags list prices of $19.95 - $29.95 after the sunset.

Makes since.  There was little demand for the LEO marked mags. the supply hasnt really changed, and the demand is about to go WAY up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes.  I am going to gouge people.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top