Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 1:32:36 PM EDT
http://www.josephgoss.com/standdown.wmv
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#1]
S-Dupe.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Regardless of intent, there should be no jumper footage.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:08:15 PM EDT
[#3]
never saw that one.  the last half was awesome.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Why? Do you want people to forget it happened? Its a painful reminder to all, not to forget.

My two cents, your mileage may very.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:38:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Great video!  Its been awhile since I've seen those 9/11 scenes...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#7]
The jumper footage is just fine.

Let it be a reminder of what was going throuth their minds.    When it came to choices they rather die falling rather then burning to death.

If you were given only those 2 choices which would you choose?

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:49:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why? Do you want people to forget it happened? Its a painful reminder to all, not to forget.

My two cents, your mileage may very.

I knew one of these would be coming.  I expected it a little quicker though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Let it be a reminder of what was going throuth their minds.    When it came to choices they rather die falling rather then burning to death.

I would not have jumped.  I would have burned to death trying to find a way out.  My religion dictates I do that.  Kill yourself and you go to hell.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Good Video

Never Forgive  Never Forget

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#11]
kickass. i just went throught the entire range of emotions that i felt on 9-11 then the vindication when we went into the sandbox.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:04:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Jumper footage should damn well be shown.

Those Godless bastards gave innocent people no choice: Burn alive or jump to your death.

The American Sheeple damn well need it repeatedly burned into their tiny little collective herd brains since they have the attention span of a gnat.

SG
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Jumper footage should damn well be shown.

Those Godless bastards gave innocent people no choice: Burn alive or jump to your death.

The American Sheeple damn well need it repeatedly burned into their tiny little collective herd brains since they have the attention span of a gnat.

SG

Would you feel the same if that was your parent or child jumping and then being set to music by some stranger?  If so, that's cool for you.  I know people who will never forget what happened and they prefer NOT to see their relatives flaling through the air.  2 big ass scyscrapers falling down reinforces the point well enough.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:07:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would not have jumped.  I would have burned to death trying to find a way out.  My religion dictates I do that.  Kill yourself and you go to hell.

oh come on man dont start that shit
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh come on man dont start that shit

I'm not starting anything.  But I have a feeling this is about to go to shit shortly...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Awesome video IMHO
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:10:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Or of another infamous sneak attack in 1941?

People need to see this.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:12:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or of another infamous sneak attack in 1941?

People need to see this.

Would you feel the same if that was your parent or child jumping and then being set to music by some stranger? If so, that's cool for you. I know people who will never forget what happened and they prefer NOT to see their relatives flaling through the air. 2 big ass scyscrapers falling down reinforces the point well enough.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:16:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

That's interesting.  I've never heard of that.  

What is your religion?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#20]
The jumper footage is some of the most powerful images of that attack, really breaks it down to a personal level to me.  It brings a tear to my eyes everytime I see that, I can't imagine what it truly was like for those people.  People forget about how horribly these people died, just seeing the buildings fall is impersonal, it doesn't hit as hard that there are people dying in just the building footage.  Seeing people plummet from 100 stories up the greatest image of what this attack was really like.

I say keep it in.  If it was my dad or brother or what have you falling I'm sure it would be painful as hell, and maybe I wouldn't want to see it or have it shown.  But still, it needs to be shown for those who didn't really feel the blow of this attack...

That is an excellent video IMO
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is your religion?

I'm not going to contribute to you helping this thread turn to shit.
PLONK.  flame away folks I won't see it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't show jumper footage.

Don't show the airplane hit.

Don't show bodies.

etc...

Dude, that happened.  You weren't there, so you don't know what you would have done.  Maybe that guy wasn't committing suicide, he just said "fuck it, I'm gonna die anyway, this could be fun."  Maybe not.  But don't edit that crap.  People need to see it to remember what our people went through that day.  

Me, it makes me want to kill terrorists.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is your religion?

I'm not going to contribute to you helping this thread turn to shit.
PLONK.  flame away folks I won't see it.

...strange response to a question about something you posted.

Maybe you have a history of stirring stuff up around here, I don't know.

Anyway, I'm a Christian, and frankly don't know much about other religions.  I was simply curious --  no flames from me.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Don't show jumper footage.

Don't show the airplane hit.

Don't show bodies.

etc...

Dude, that happened.  You weren't there, so you don't know what you would have done.  Maybe that guy wasn't committing suicide, he just said "fuck it, I'm gonna die anyway, this could be fun."  Maybe not.  But don't edit that crap.  People need to see it to remember what our people went through that day.  

Me, it makes me want to kill terrorists.

+1
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#26]
The troll is right. Maybe we shouldn't show the footage of jumpers. After all, why would those people ever want America to remember what happened on that day? Especially if it was somebody you knew? I'm sure they wouldn't want us to be reminded of their sacrifice in such a brutal way.

C'mon people, go back to sleep. There's nothing to see here.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#27]
It should be shown EVERY DAMN DAY, jumpers and all.  It really puts the War on Terror into the proper perspective.

BTW, the people who jumped, jumped because they were starting to burn from the heat of the Jet Fuel.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#28]
One Fucking word!!!

REPRISALS!!!!!

chem mecca during the hajj.  round up all the somali illegals living 3 f'ing blox from me and deport or execute every last motherf'ing one of them.  God be praised, allah be damned.  F*cksticks!!!  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:30:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Great video.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#31]
I think the video is great the way it is.......  IMHO
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Its ugly but thats what happened.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Havent seen that one before. Great Video!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:39:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Fantastic video - thanks

Yes, seeing the jumper was disturbing...that's the intent. Seeing a man plunge to his death
should be unpleasant. It makes me sad, but it makes me angry!!! I would think this anger
would be directed at the terrorist, and NOT at the makers of the film. WTF?
Hell, maybe it's me whose got it all wrong.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:29:48 PM EDT
[#35]
The most disturbing parts were of course the jumper (God rest his/her soul) and the image of the childs doll laying in the ruins, sucks.

BUT

It's real, it's what happened, and we need to remember that so that we remember each and every day exactly what our troops are fighting for right now. I think a lot of the liberals tend to forget things like these images and that's why they're so pussy footed about the war the country doing what it has to do to be safe.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:43:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
It should be shown EVERY DAMN DAY, jumpers and all.  It really puts the War on Terror into the proper perspective.

BTW, the people who jumped, jumped because they were starting to burn from the heat of the Jet Fuel.  

I have to agree 100%,  none of that footage should have never stopped being shown

Eidted to add:

this is the best way to make sure that their memory didnt fade away like the media wants it to.
Everyone who died that day, the military personel that have died to avenge their deaths, has been swept under the carpet...................In my opinion they want you to forget that 11SEP01 ever happened, and that Al Queda is not the threat, and that George Bush is.
The video is the proof of what really did happen that day, ugly as it is......it did happen.

Now deal with it..................and Never Forget
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:43:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

+1

Hunter out....
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:52:44 PM EDT
[#38]
I think the video does a good job in capturing the essence of 9/11 and the emotions that go with it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:08:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Good video and regardless of how one feels...........................death is not pretty or glamerous.  It's brutal and peoples scarfices should not be taken lightly or sugar coated.  Not looking is like putting your head in the sand................but it still happened.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:10:27 AM EDT
[#40]
The poor people who jumped aren't "going to hell".  THEY WERE IN HELL.  They jumped out of hell to have a few more seconds of consciousness and life.  I'm sure all of them were praying on the way down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top