Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 11:29:18 AM EDT
Imbel gear logo, green park job, "AZEX" on the trigger, PACIFIC WEST ARMS MODESTO CA on the receiver, looks near mint, grenade launching barrel and some kind of muzzle device probably a brake.

$639.

Buy or no?

Tempting . . . tempting . . .
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:31:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
yup

Damn that was quick . . . I was barely done typing.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:31:54 AM EDT
[#3]
They are like chips, why stop at one?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:32:12 AM EDT
[#4]
My next FAL will be a DSA Para model, w/ folding stock.

Buy the best, buy American, buy DSA...worth EVERY nickle.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:33:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I just finished putting 100 rds down range thru mine. Get 2 so you have a spare.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:35:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My next FAL will be a DSA Para model, w/ folding stock.

Buy the best, buy American, buy DSA...worth EVERY nickle.

I have a DSA.  I think it needs another FAL to keep it company.  And I paid a lot more than $639 for it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:36:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Imbel gear logo, green park job, "AZEX" on the trigger, PACIFIC WEST ARMS MODESTO CA on the receiver, looks near mint, grenade launching barrel and some kind of muzzle device probably a brake.

$639.

Buy or no?

Imbel rec imported by Pac West, and built by Derrick H.  He's got a good rep.  The barrel is not a 'grenade launching' barrel, but rather it is bipod cut.  You are seeing the guides for the bipod.  If there's only one groove, that's simply the one that holds the sling attachment.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$639.

Buy or no?

Imbel rec imported by Pac West, and built by Derrick H.  He's got a good rep.  The barrel is not a 'grenade launching' barrel, but rather it is bipod cut.  You are seeing the guides for the bipod.  If there's only one groove, that's simply the one that holds the sling attachment.

Yeah I recognized the Derrick factor and figured that probably was a good thing.  Also there already is a bipod.  The barrel is ribbed, from the handguards all the way to the muzzle device, that's why I thought maybe that was to launch Energas or whatever those grenades were called.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:09:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
www.laniebaby.com/temp/ani/useless.gif

Wait till I buy it - then I'll give you all the pics you want.  

Still haven't decided yet but I think it's a deal.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Got it.

It rocks.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#13]
AZEX is usually stamped on the under side of the upper reciever in front of the magwell.
Both my AZEX rifles are stamped there.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#14]
That is a Stolle flash suppressor/grenade launcher.  By your earlier description, I though the ribs were on the barrel, not the muzzle device.  It looks like he's sleeved it for legality, and in order for it to be totally legal, a grenade cannot fit.  If he took the time to sleeve it, there's probably some blocking mechanisim that can't be seen from the photo.  Of course, this only applies for another 50 some hours...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:51:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
AZEX is usually stamped on the under side of the upper reciever in front of the magwell.
Both my AZEX rifles are stamped there.

Yup I got that too.  Small type.

Gotta testdrive this thing!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
That is a Stolle flash suppressor/grenade launcher.  By your earlier description, I though the ribs were on the barrel, not the muzzle device.  It looks like he's sleeved it for legality, and in order for it to be totally legal, a grenade cannot fit.  If he took the time to sleeve it, there's probably some blocking mechanisim that can't be seen from the photo.  Of course, this only applies for another 50 some hours...

Yeah I thought they *were* on the barrel until closer examination, now I see they are on the device.

I would pull it and put on a flash suppressor but it is matching green and looks cool, I'll prolly leave it . . .
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#17]
It's actually a DSA AWB compliant brake which looks like a Stoll hider, but is not.

The finish is OD Green Parkote (moly over park)

The handguards are done in black Parkote and Herculiner to resist heat buildup.

The bbl has been cut back to 18.6" to give it a more compact look. The brake actually slips over all of the bbl forward of the front sling swivel.

The gun was probably 999-1100 new.

Have fun, be safe, Vote Freedom First and remember there is a warranty still in effect on her.

Take good care of my baby!

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#18]
nice rifle, congrats .... I have a DS Arms STG58 Carbine and I love it!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Excellent buy! I love FALs....come next week have a real Stoll put on it...but watcht hat US parts count!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:41:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
It's actually a DSA AWB compliant brake which looks like a Stoll hider, but is not.

The finish is OD Green Parkote (moly over park)

The handguards are done in black Parkote and Herculiner to resist heat buildup.

The bbl has been cut back to 18.6" to give it a more compact look. The brake actually slips over all of the bbl forward of the front sling swivel.

The gun was probably 999-1100 new.

Have fun, be safe, Vote Freedom First and remember there is a warranty still in effect on her.

Take good care of my baby!

D.
AZEX

Ooo!  The Maker speaks!  (No not *that* Maker, this Maker)    Thanks for the update Derek, haven't seen you since the fabled pipeline shoots of several years back.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:16:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Get 2 so you have a spare.

Yeah, a para.  The only way to fly!

I'm counting the hours until I can unfreeze mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top