Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 6:43:02 AM EDT
i put somes mags up for sale yesterday afternoon........got alot of interest.......one guy posts on the thread hell take them.....sends me an email asking for transaction info....i email him back asking if its paypal or money order....he emails me back and says he can get the money order today and mail it sat but the next sentence he says he has paypal but has only used it on ebay........he then asks me if i can instruct him on how to use paypal for this deal......so i email him back with instructions on how to send me the money with paypal......that was about 10 pm last night.......havent heard anything from him since..........ive emailed and imed him numerous times trying to get this deal completed but no response.........ive got a lot of people stading in line wanting these mags.......WHAT DO I DO?....thanks for the help
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:47:12 AM EDT
[#1]
take your med's and get some sleep.

Seriously...maybe the guy has a life and isn't sitting there waiting for your response.

Wait 24hours, if you don't get a response move to the next potential buyer.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:50:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I personaly would sell to the next buyer and if he somehow sends funds via paypal , refuse them. If he sends a MO, mail it back to him.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:51:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Move on....
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:53:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I would give him until this evening to respond to your emails.  He might be at work.  If he dosent respond then go to the next bidder in line.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:53:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Wait.

A deal is a deal.  If these mags are that hot, you can always sell them next week if this guy falls through.

I had a sale going where my buyer disappeared for awhile.  I waited.  Good thing, it turned out he was a cop and was shot on duty!

I would have looked like a real ass flaming this guy when he's in a hospital bed.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:54:11 AM EDT
[#6]
If your last communication was at 10 p.m. last night, I think you should give him a little more time to respond. Some people arent on their comps 24/7, he might not of gotten your email.

If he doesnt respond by later today,  you could  offer it to the next buyer.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:55:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Seriously...maybe the guy has a life and isn't sitting there waiting for your response.

Wait 24hours, if you don't get a response move to the next potential buyer.

Agreed. If he returns home from work to find that you've sold them to someone else, he'd have justifiable cause to leave neg. feedback in the EE.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:09:19 AM EDT
[#8]
So, are you trying to dupe someone into buying preban mags when we are so close to Monday? If so, shame on you and I'm glad that the buyer came to his/her senses.

Edit to add: Even worse, are you trying to dump some 10-rounders?

Your best bet is to move on and be happy that the AWB is sunsetting.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:24:23 AM EDT
[#9]

So, are you trying to dupe someone into buying preban mags when we are so close to Monday? If so, shame on you and I'm glad that the buyer came to his/her senses.

WHO  THE HELL ARE YOU TO ACCUSE ME OF DUPPING SOMEBODY....HAVE I EVER DONE BUSINESS WITH YOU...HAS ANYBODY IVE EVER DONE BUSINESS WITH EVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH ME...NO.......AND YOU ACUSE ME OF DUMPING 10 ROUNDERS.......WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE.......IVE BEEN IN THE GUN BUSINESS FOR 25 YEARS AND HAVE NEVER EVER CHEATED ANYBODY IN ANY DEAL....ALL IT TAKES IS SOME ASSHOLE LIKE YOU TO SAY ONE THING LIKE THIS AND THE NEXT THING YOU KNOW IM GETTING BAD FEEDBACK.......YOU ARE SERIOUSLY LUCKY WE ARE NOT FACE TO FACE.......TO ACCUSE A MAN OF CHEATING SOMEONE WITHOUT ANY PROOF IS UNFORGIVABLE.....AND IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT YOU ASS WILL BE REMOVED PERMANETLY FROM THIS WEB SITE.

AND AS FAR AS PREBAN AND THE AWB SUNSET GOES I DONT REALLY CARE THAT IT GOES AWAY MONDAY...THESE MAGS ARE RARE TO FIND IN THIS CONDITION AND THATS WHAT THE PRICE IS BASED ON!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:25:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

What the fuck, kind of statment is this?  He has an ad on the EE.  He has many interested.  Why in the world would you belittle him for that?

1)  Unfortunately the AWB DOES NOT end for everyone.  You in Ca should know this.

2) Hunting restrictions may necessitate smaller capacity magazines.

Zander,  I believe 24 hours in enough alloted time to give this person.  Email the next in line the situation and tell them that you are giving the first in line until 10:00 pm est.  That would be fairest in all accounts. That's what I would do.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:35:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Dude just give him some time.

Less than 12 hours is NOTHING compared to some of the guys I'VE sold to over the years! lol  

My favorites are the buyers who scream "I'LL TAKE IT!!!!" 30 seconds after you post an item for sale (Usually in front of a bunch of other would-be buyers) and then D-R-A-G the payment on for a week.  I always consider a deal a deal and wait 'till I hear from the person (Or fail to hear from him for several days) before I re-post something as available again.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#12]
UPDATE...HE FINALLY EMAILED ME.......DEAL IS DONE
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:29:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
UPDATE...HE FINALLY EMAILED ME.......DEAL IS DONE

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

I can't believe the nerve of some buyers, taking 18 whole hours to complete an email transaction, and not responding to 'numerous' emails within that time. I bet he actually had the gall to sleep last night, and go to work today.  Someone needs to set him straight.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#14]

i put somes mags up for sale yesterday afternoon........got alot of interest.......one guy posts on the thread hell take them.....sends me an email asking for transaction info....i email him back asking if its paypal or money order....he emails me back and says he can get the money order today and mail it sat but the next sentence he says he has paypal but has only used it on ebay........he then asks me if i can instruct him on how to use paypal for this deal......so i email him back with instructions on how to send me the money with paypal......that was about 10 pm last night.......havent heard anything from him since..........ive emailed and imed him numerous times trying to get this deal completed but no response.........ive got a lot of people stading in line wanting these mags.......WHAT DO I DO?....thanks for the help

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO ACCUSE ME OF DUPPING SOMEBODY....HAVE I EVER DONE BUSINESS WITH YOU...HAS ANYBODY IVE EVER DONE BUSINESS WITH EVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH ME...NO.......AND YOU ACUSE ME OF DUMPING 10 ROUNDERS.......WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE.......IVE BEEN IN THE GUN BUSINESS FOR 25 YEARS AND HAVE NEVER EVER CHEATED ANYBODY IN ANY DEAL....ALL IT TAKES IS SOME ASSHOLE LIKE YOU TO SAY ONE THING LIKE THIS AND THE NEXT THING YOU KNOW IM GETTING BAD FEEDBACK.......YOU ARE SERIOUSLY LUCKY WE ARE NOT FACE TO FACE.......TO ACCUSE A MAN OF CHEATING SOMEONE WITHOUT ANY PROOF IS UNFORGIVABLE.....AND IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT YOU ASS WILL BE REMOVED PERMANETLY FROM THIS WEB SITE.

We at the Coalition for the Preservation of Punctuation would like to take a moment to remind you that there is a limited supply of punctuation in the world.  Paragraphs like the ones above place a severe and un-needed strain on our nation's supply of punctuation marks.  Please, for the children, conserve when you type.  We thank you.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top