Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 3:33:50 AM EDT
Tuesday afternoon on my way to work I get my truck hit by some woman who hydroplaned into me. I spun a complete 360, hit the concrete median and came to rest in the fast lane of I-81 with a semi bearing down on me. Luckily no one was injured. Police show up write report but issue no tickets, said he didn't see it so he can't tell if she was going too fast. DUHHH, she admitted she hydroplaned, so obviously she was going too fast for conditions.

Yesterday I get the report and go to m insurance agent. They contact her insurance and find out her policy hasn't been in effect for 2 months, and her registration is suspended. I call the patrol officer back and explain. HE REFUSES TO ISSUE ANY TICKETS Says the computer came up clear when he ran her license and registration at the scene, and he can't do anything else for me, have a nice day. SON OF A BITCH

Now I am out $500 deductible plus the extra for the rental the insurance doesn't pay. I can try to get it back in small claims if I can find her, and lots of luck collecting from this white trash bitch. Four people in the car and nobody has the same last name

Did I mention it was my 5 month old 2004 Chevy Silverado with 4,000 miles. The body shop was up to $13,000 and he wasn't done yet.

Now I have to drive a freakin' Ford Focus until my truck gets done
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:38:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Had the same shit happen to me. Was going down the street, truck in front got cut off. We all hit our brakes and came to a stop. Then bam some girl in a old whoppy hit me in the ass going 50.

Head smacked the steering wheel, about knocked me out. Came out of the car looked around and behind me a car spewing fluids everywhere and about 7 little kids coming out of the car.

She didn't hav insurance. Every one got a ticket but me. still cost money, that sucked but at least I didn't get a ticket.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:53:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't you have uninsured motorist coverage? If so, you should not even be out the deductible.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:22:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Get a good personal injury lawyer and sue her.  I am convinced that if you were in that sort of crash you sustained some injuries.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:39:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Get a good personal injury lawyer and sue her.  I am convinced that if you were in that sort of crash you sustained some injuries.  

GunLvr

+1

I'm doing this for my girlfriend who rear ended.  The guy who hit her cancelled his insurance 6 months ago. The police wrote him up for "too fast for conditions" but didn't issue any tickets.  My lawyer said if he can't prove any insurance my girlfriend will have to go to the police to have him prosecuted.  If the police don't listen, as they did in your case, then the lawyer will go in to get some things done.

For someone reason the police and insurance companies think they can get away with screwing the common person but if it's a lawyer breathing down their neck they tend to be more helpful.

Get a lawyer and let him handle it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:13:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:22:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GunLvr

+1

I'm doing this for my girlfriend who rear ended.  The guy who hit her cancelled his insurance 6 months ago. The police wrote him up for "too fast for conditions" but didn't issue any tickets.  My lawyer said if he can't prove any insurance my girlfriend will have to go to the police to have him prosecuted.  If the police don't listen, as they did in your case, then the lawyer will go in to get some things done.

For someone reason the police and insurance companies think they can get away with screwing the common person but if it's a lawyer breathing down their neck they tend to be more helpful.

Get a lawyer and let him handle it.

+ f'n 1

lawyer up,

I avoided getting screwed in a situation very similiar to yours.

just because I was a reasonable guy.

lawyer up.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:30:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:32:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

GunLvr

If he isn't hurt he should not get a personal injury lawyer. Just the kind of shit bums do.
Now you can still sue her for fucking up your truck and try getting it paid for.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
There's about 30-50% of the people on the roads here with no insurance at all.

They only get insurance for the month they renew their license and registration.

I am paying $300 a month and don't even have medical for myself. It pisses me off when people want to use the roads with no regard for anyone else. Fucking assholes.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:54:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I really don't want to go the personal injury route. It amazes me that she is allowed to drive on the road. If my insurance expires or the registration is expired you can bet they would be at my house taking the plates off the car.

Someone explain why the officer refuses to write a ticket when she was clearly at fault and is breaking the law by STILL driving around. BTW she drove away from the accident scene while I had to be towed. I will try to go over his head, maybe to internal affairs.

I'm going to talk to an attorney friend (husband of wifes co-worker) and see if he can help. I can't really afford to put anyone on retainer.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:15:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I have USAA for my truck and my wife's Jeep. Some lady rear-ended my wife on the freeway during rush hour. She turned out not to have insurance as her insuranc company filed bankrupcy. USAA paid for my wife's Jeep (totaled) every penny with no deductable. They are a class act in the insurance industry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top