Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 9:01:26 PM EDT
Hello folks.

So it is 99.9999999% certain that AWB will die. I remember SIG Arms stating something regarding domestic production of SIG 55x rifles here in U.S if AWB is allowed to sunset?

Am I beating a dead horse? If so, what was the outcome?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Id like to know, I'd hold my AR money and put it towards one of them instead.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:04:08 PM EDT
[#2]
According to a thread I read not too long ago, SIG's US subsidiary wants to produce them. The higher ups in Switzerland however do not.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:01:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
According to a thread I read not too long ago, SIG's US subsidiary wants to produce them. The higher ups in Switzerland however do not.

That'd be a LOT of expensive tooling to ship over here.

As it is, the (cop models) are produced in der Schweiz and imported here (cops don't have to abide by the import ban, *sigh*)
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:11:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#5]
All they would have to do is make the rifles minus the US made parts, ship them over and make just the required # of parts here, not the whole rifle. Sig couldn't find someone to sub out the parts here to their specs?

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:13:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Would it only need 6 or 7 US parts to be legal?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:26:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
All they would have to do is make the rifles minus the US made parts, ship them over and make just the required # of parts here, not the whole rifle. Sig couldn't find someone to sub out the parts here to their specs?

S.O.

Or didn't want to end up with a company like Century or Special Weapons doing the work...

They'd also need to release tooling for the other parts...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:28:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:28:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

S.O.

Or didn't want to end up with a company like Century or Special Weapons doing the work...

They'd also need to release tooling for the other parts...

That's chump change compared to the cost of producing the whole rifle. So many of you guys have hard ons for a Sig rifle they would make it back in no time. They could charge half what they go for now and they would fly off shelves.

S.O.

S.O.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top