Posted: 9/9/2004 5:34:30 PM EDT
I REEEEELY hope that it's better than this:

www.rottentomatoes.com/m/resident_evil_apocalypse/?show=all
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I bet its that bad.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, it's probably gonna suck, but I'll go see it anyway.

I'm weak. Good movie, bad movie, if there are zombies(or zombie like creatures, like 28 Days Later) I'm gonna buy a ticket.  

It's a sickness, really.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I always ignore the reviews.

It's zombies and shoot outs with a half naked hottie dude! What more do you need?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah this isn't the type of movie to get good reviews from pro film critics, they seldom like what I like anyway...

This probably sums it up pretty good, and means I'll enjoy it:

"If you are in the mood for leggy heroines blasting down zombie armies with absurdly large automatic weapons, the sequel to Resident Evil gives very good value for the money."

OH YEAH!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yeah this isn't the type of movie to get good reviews from pro film critics, they seldom like what I like anyway...

"If you are in the mood for leggy heroines blasting down zombie armies with absurdly large automatic weapons, the sequel to Resident Evil gives very good value for the money."

OH YEAH!!

That is all I need to know it is a great movie.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

OH YEAH!!

DAMN, beat me to it. I was going to pull that same quote!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It's zombies and shoot outs with a half naked hottie dude! What more do you need?

Is it just me or could those two words REALLY use some punctuation between them?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:53:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I really hope there are no half naked hottie dudes in the movie.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

OH YEAH!!

+1
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#10]
it's got to be better than that Predator vs Alien movie!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Guns, Zombies, Milla.....  when is this coming out again?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:04:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Just heard from a preview that Milla goes topless.

What a great year for zombie movies!
1) 28 days Later
2) Dawn of the Dead (the remake)
3) Resident Evil II
4) Shaun of the Dead
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#13]
only 19 reviews in so far

the tomatoe site is usually pretty good for predicting whether I think a movie sucks or not
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

OH YEAH!!

Sounds like an Oscar winner to me!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll go see it at the 99 cent movie because Im a cheap bastard.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm weak. Good movie, bad movie, if there are zombies(or zombie like creatures, like 28 Days Later) I'm gonna buy a ticket.  

+1
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Great movie, I really enjoyed it and almost as spooky as the first one.

Shooting zombies was fun, but those things in the church totally freaked me out.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Zombies, guns, Milla....I'm there.  Or I'll at least rent it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Just saw it, great movie, much better than the first, lots of guns, zombies and monsters. Some hokey parts, but I thouroughly enjoyed it, as did my wife.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Saw it, it was entertaining. The chick that plays Jill Valentine is HOT.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm going to try and go on Tuesday evening!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:03:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Saw it lastnight. The most annoying part was the audience. Stupid talkers make me want to club a baby seal.

The movie was OK. Definately worth it to see the Jill character. She is very hot, and yes, I would stuff her in the pooper and post pics!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Yep hot chick blasting monsters etc.  I liked it, my kids liked it, and the wife rolled her eyes.

So it was GOOD!! IMO

FREE

SPOILER BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And she got naked in the end, very nice!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:11:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Yep hot chick blasting monsters etc.  I liked it, my kids liked it, and the wife rolled her eyes.

So it was GOOD!! IMO

FREE

Yeah... she did get naked. And unfortunately my pecs are bigger than her breast.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:12:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Dont trust Rotten Tomatoes on anything thats derived from Comics.

Those reviewers seems to think being cartoonish, lack of original plots and too action packed a bad thing when it comes to movies like this.

Instead they rather movies like this turnout to be like Fargo. If you like video games and comic books, go check it out. If you dont, stick to the Michael Moore crap...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Saw it the other night. I thought it sucked. It gets WAY outlandish and stupid. It even kinda rips off Alien 4. Seriously, the explanation for the origins of the virus suck. The action is ok. It feels more like a kiddy movie that has content added to it that makes it rated R. It does have naked Zombie Hookers. That was a plus. It's got boob shots of Milla too, though you have to wait till the very end to see them. The ending just went way over the top though. If you thought AvP was bad, don't hold out hope that you will think this one was good.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:17:26 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So it was GOOD!! IMO

FREE

Yeah... she did get naked. And unfortunately my pecs are bigger than her breast.

Careful or some members here are liable to feel you up!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:23:22 PM EDT
[#28]
If you've played the actual video games like I did years ago, then you'll appreciate the movie more, I think.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:38:52 PM EDT
[#29]
It ruled.  That is all.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:47:03 PM EDT
[#30]

The girl who plays Jill Valentine is SMOKING.  Miniskirt, pistol belt, leather boots, two holsters.  

I love it.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:52:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Where do I buy a nemesis?

Good use of trigger finger and highly comical

Mike epps was pretty damn funny too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#32]
When they interviewed that guy who jump outa the helicopter and draws out two desert eagle & starts blasting zombie's as he falls, he said "I dont realy like guns" . That kinda ruins it for me knowing the f@g doesnt like guns. Just like Aliens used to be my favorite movie untill I heard that b!tch Sigourney Weaver talking about her anti gun BS.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
The girl who plays Jill Valentine is SMOKING.  Miniskirt, pistol belt, leather boots, two holsters.  

I love it.

Boobies???? Nice Pecs???
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I love it.

Boobies???? Nice Pecs???

Alas, they appear to be very large, but she does not show them off.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#35]
***WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS IN THIS RESPONSE***

I saw the movie last night. It was good for some reasons and not as good as the first one for others.

My long, drawn out review goes something like this...

- Liked the idea of the whole city this time around. I wonder if "City of the Dead" will be like this... The downside to this is it seemed to be a pretty large city and the viewers aren't really familiar with the landscape of it so when they jump all around you start wondering how close the different groups are to one another. Plus, th whole thing was at night so it makes it even harder to associate with the different locations.
- The biggest perk to a locked down city of zombies is it means there are a shit-load of zombies.
- The S.T.A.R.S. guys are supposed to be pretty tactically proficient, but yet they are fighting "civil war" style; in a line shooting at the incoming hoards. How fucking stupid is that? Bottle neck anyone? No wonder they get overrun so easily standing in the middle of a wide street... rather than moving into a building or firing from fire escapes & rooftops.
- The sniper guy was cool... until he got blown away. Not sure why, as good of  shot as he was he kept plugging the Nemesis in the chest instead of the big ass head.
- They seemed to go a little to far with the bio-engineering crap making Milla super human (and that ending?).
- Yes, I understand the Nemesis is practically the whole theme of the second game, but it seemed to work a lot better in the game. Plus it looked so plastic. I forget in the game whether that thing carried all that major firepower or not... I kind of remember it just busting through walls and beating up characters. Probably could have left that whole thing out had they not made to connection with the ending of the first movie.
- Did the dogs seem harder to kill in this one or was it just me?
- Oh... my biggest heart ache... that GODDAM SHAKEY CAM again. I'd like to know who in film school is teaching this ridiculous technique, because I want to punch him in the back of the head. Why go to all the trouble of making these elaborate shootouts and fight scenes when you can't even see them. Not to mention way to many cuts/angle changes. I don't think a camera shot last more than 5 seconds at any given time in this movie. Also very irritating.
- Jill character was cool and hot, but her dialogue was pretty much stupid.
- Token (stereotypical) black pimp guy... was absolutely lame. AND HE SURVIVED? WTF? He was like the RE:A version of Jar Jar. Surprised it was a Wayans brother, Jamie Foxx, or Brian Fellows. "Those zombies are CRAZY... I'm Brian Fellows!"
- I liked the guy from The Mummy... he's a pretty cool action guy.
- Still not enough gore. The first movie had some scenes that would have made the movie 100% better (the guy getting cut into cubes by the laser comes to mind not to mention the weak ass zombie eating). It's a zombie movie for crying out loud... I want to see shit like Dawn and Day of the Dead... intestines being pulled out of a guy while he's screaming. Most of the zombie footage was this weird shakey, blurred shit.
- The music was almost as good as the first one. I liked the (non-vocal) music that Marylin Manson did for the first one. I'm just glad they didn't plug actual music into the movie, but kept it as just straight music.
- Ending was left WIDE open for another movie... Didn't really get where the other survivors came from.... were they regenerated too, or did the actually survive that crash. Little fuzzy on that one.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it just me or could those two words REALLY use some punctuation between them?

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed something weird about how that sounded... good catch.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Enjoyed the movie. Was actually better than what I had expected. I think I like this one better than the first movie.

I didn't realize some of the movies that Sienna (Jill Character) was in. She looks different as a brunette , I'm used to seeing her as a blonde.

Sienna Guillory:
www.imdb.com/name/nm0347149

Photo Gallery:
www.imdb.com/name/nm0347149/photogallery-ss-0
images.google.com/images?q=sienna%20guillory&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top