Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 2:54:45 PM EDT
where can i find Kerry's voting record on Senate.gov ?

i was in a debate today with a Army guy that is a Kerry supporter. when i told him about kerry's voting record(my information came from an earlier post) he told me he didnt vote for against any military spending. he said he voted to make changes to proposed bills.

i called his bullshit and said you make changes, not by voting for them, but with quarum calls and debates in commitees.

after that he got real quiet.

how far was i off from the truth?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Senate votes:
www.senate.gov/pagelayout/legislative/a_three_sections_with_teasers/votes.htm

Kerry not only voted against those weapons systems, during the height of the Cold War he proudly released a memo calling for the outright cancellation of those programs - effectively killing them in their cradle.

vodkapundit.com/archives/006566.php

The Dems like to point out that Cheney as SecDef wanted to cutback many of the same systems, what they do not point out is that Kerry was making these votes during the Cold War. Cheney was advocating a cutback AFTER the Cold War and he just didn't want to keep buying more of the systems he already had.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:14:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is a great website.  IT has a breakdown of voting records as well as special interest group ratings and alot of other info

Project Vote Smart
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top