User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Let's be realistic.

The Republicans ARE going to sell us down the river on this issue.  

Only if too many of us share your defeatist attitude and give up.

I don't have a defeatist attitude.  I'm pissed because y'all seem to think that  by merely electing Republicans, y'all are going to be protected.  BS.  Republican or Democrat, you've got to let your Representatives know how you feel....otherwise this issue is over. I'm not suggesting that you give up an walk away, I'm telling you that YOU need to WORK and not  trust to some vauge Party rhetoric.  They don't care about you one way or another.  

I wonder what percent of registered voters own AR15s?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Let's be realistic.

I believe that statement paints an unfair picture due to too broad of a brush. Some in the Republican party, certainly, yes. Schwarzenneger comes to mind.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#4]
tagged
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Let's be realistic.

There WILL be another AWB enacted next year by the REPUBLICAN-MAJORITY in Congress and GDub will sign it.  It is a free ride for them. They get to show their "kinder, gentler" side and we haven't got a argument that anyone can understand.  The "real rifle" crowd is not going to go to bat for us.  They think that we are crazies anyway.  They dislike ARs almost as much as the anti-gun crowd.  It doesn't help that the Chiefs of Police Association is screaming for the ban to be re-instated.

My real fear is that they will make it worse than the first one.  

It is very sad but it is just a matter of time.

Jeesus Chriiist,   The negativity and defeatism is appalling.  How about you grow a set, and try to live up to your screen name, Wolf Warrior?   We beat the antis in an election year, when the Republican had everything to loose.  Why the hell would the Republicans sell us out, after they have decided that ours is a winning issue.   Sure, it could happen.  But only if we all become complacent, or give up.

Rather than a "Wolf Warrior" your attitude brings to mind this line from Born In The USA:

"You end up like a dog whose been beat too much, till you spend half your life just covering up.

there, now you made me quote Bruce Springsteen (that commie bastard)

A true warrior never gives in even when facing defeat.  Don't give in when facing victory!  

After reading the rest of the thread, it's clear that we are on the same page.  You were just trying to get people stirred up....Well...It worked.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
During his term?  Hmmm.....do you have a pre-ban receiver that was once a rifle?   Let me think about a PROPER bet.

If GWB signs any new AWB during this term or the 2004-2008 term, then I'll pay you $100 in cash/certified funds/check. You can use that to buy a lower receiver on anything else you desire in the event of a ban.

If at the end of GWBs term (no matter how the term ends), he hasn't signed any new AWB, I'll take $100 in cash/certified funds or check from you.

That's my offer... yea or nay?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top