User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/9/2004 3:38:40 AM EDT
Police: Puppy Shot Man Trying To Kill Dogs  

POSTED: 7:02 am EDT September 9, 2004
UPDATED: 7:05 am EDT September 9, 2004

PENSACOLA, Fla. -- A man who was trying to shoot seven puppies was shot himself when one of the dogs made the .38-caliber revolver discharge, deputies said.

Jerry Allen Bradford, 37, of Pensacola, was charged with felony animal cruelty, the Escambia County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday.

Bradford was being treated at an undisclosed hospital for the gunshot wound to his wrist, said sheriff's Sgt. Ted Roy.  

Bradford said he decided to shoot the 3-month-old puppies in the head because he couldn't find another home for the shepherd-mix dogs, according to the sheriff's office.

On Monday, he was holding two puppies, one in his arms and another in his left hand, when the dog in his hand wiggled and put its paw on the trigger, making the gun discharge, the sheriff's report said.

The revolver and a rifle were seized from the home, deputies said.

Deputies found three of the puppies in a shallow grave outside Bradford's home, Roy said. The other four appeared to be in good health and were taken by Escambia County Animal Control, which planned to make them available for adoption.

"That should never have to happen," said Bruce Rova, director of the Escambia County Animal Shelter. "There are so many options people have. We'll try to find them a new home."

http://www.local6.com/news/3716897/detail.html
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:39:52 AM EDT
[#1]
A .38!!!  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:44:02 AM EDT
[#2]
serves the doucebag right, remember Dog  spelled backwards is..................
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:50:23 AM EDT
[#3]
good dog.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:08:01 AM EDT
[#4]
The puppy has a future in law enforcement
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:12:14 AM EDT
[#5]
The puppies were taken to a shelter where they will be killed by other means. Same outcome, different method.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:19:36 AM EDT
[#6]
The puppies were taken to a shelter where they will be killed by other means. Same outcome, different method.

Riiiight... bet you a dollar that there is already a waiting list for people to foster the puppies.

and the parting shot is knowing that dipshit may have to answer this question... "so, what are you in for?"
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:30:40 AM EDT
[#7]
and jsut imagine that you'd be able to say that your new puppy shot its previous owner in self defence. that could turn out to be the greatest dog ever.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:34:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
good dog.

+1

Serves the asshole right, too bad he didn't die. There's plenty of love waiting for him in the lockup.
" Here's your cell Mr. Asshole, and here's your cellmate Tiny. Did I mention he's a dog lover ?"
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:38:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
good dog.

+2
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:44:42 AM EDT
[#10]
It was pretty funny when I heard about it on the radio, I beleive he got what he deserved and he should also get some seriouse jail time, what idiot.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:47:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Riiiight... bet you a dollar that there is already a waiting list for people to foster the puppies.

and the parting shot is knowing that dipshit may have to answer this question... "so, what are you in for?"

No, hes right. My wife and her friend used to work at a kennel that also took the stray animals the Animal Control picked up. Alot of animals get put down, and I'm sure these puppies do to.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:48:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I guess he never heard of having his dog fixed? What a dumbass, GOOD PUPPY!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:01:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:04:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The puppy has a future in law enforcement

Would that be Deputy Dog?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:06:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Police: Puppy Shot Man Trying To Kill Dogs  

POSTED: 7:02 am EDT September 9, 2004
UPDATED: 7:05 am EDT September 9, 2004

PENSACOLA, Fla. -- A man who was trying to shoot seven puppies was shot himself when one of the dogs made the .38-caliber revolver discharge, deputies said.

Jerry Allen Bradford, 37, of Pensacola, was charged with felony animal cruelty, the Escambia County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday.

Bradford was being treated at an undisclosed hospital for the gunshot wound to his wrist, said sheriff's Sgt. Ted Roy.  

Bradford said he decided to shoot the 3-month-old puppies in the head because he couldn't find another home for the shepherd-mix dogs, according to the sheriff's office.

On Monday, he was holding two puppies, one in his arms and another in his left hand, when the dog in his hand wiggled and put its paw on the trigger, making the gun discharge, the sheriff's report said.

The revolver and a rifle were seized from the home, deputies said.

Deputies found three of the puppies in a shallow grave outside Bradford's home, Roy said. The other four appeared to be in good health and were taken by Escambia County Animal Control, which planned to make them available for adoption.

"That should never have to happen," said Bruce Rova, director of the Escambia County Animal Shelter. "There are so many options people have. We'll try to find them a new home."

http://www.local6.com/news/3716897/detail.html

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:06:57 AM EDT
[#16]
WHEN PUPPIES ATTACK!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:14:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Give me a break. Felony animal cruelty? He was putting down some dogs. Something that happens to millions of dogs and cats every year. A .38 in the head, quick and painless. It sounds like he even tried to find them homes. At least he was taking responsibility, instead of dropping them off in your backyard, or at the shelter, where they would have met the same fate.

P.S. They were just dogs.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:20:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Give me a break. Felony animal cruelty? He was putting down some dogs. Something that happens to millions of dogs and cats every year. A .38 in the head, quick and painless. It sounds like he even tried to find them homes. At least he was taking responsibility, instead of dropping them off in your backyard, or at the shelter, where they would have met the same fate.

What you forget is that in todays amerikka, animals have more rights than people
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:21:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:52:53 AM EDT
[#20]
A 38 huh?  I bet the guy's only other gun was a 10/22...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:58:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

*Ahem*.

I'm arowneragain, and I approve of this post!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:04:25 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

My thoughts exactly.

I remember a day when a man would have been commended for doing this instead of turning them loose to starve.

What a crazy politically correct world we live in.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:07:18 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

*Ahem*.
I'm arowneragain, and I approve of this post!

I approve of it as well.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:07:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:09:17 AM EDT
[#25]
This ass wipe is gonna find out in jail the true meaning of "doggy style"!!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:09:26 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Maybe if he had been responsible and had his dox fixed... no puppies.  You guys favor abortion on demand for women who are too irresponsible to use birth control?

Your argument is weak, Hiram.

In case you haven't noticed, there is a slight difference in a human child and a dog.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:09:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:10:51 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My thoughts exactly.

I remember a day when a man would have been commended for doing this instead of turning them loose to starve.

+1
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:26:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:31:42 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

yep, I'm ordering my fine puppy vest today
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:35:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:07:36 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My thoughts exactly.

I agree as well.  I am a pet owner, both large and small.  There are times, when the responsibility of the owner is to solve the problem himself.

We don't know how/why he had these puppies.   He tried to find them a home, and then euthanized them, the same as a shelter would do.

TRG

That's aboout how I feel.  I don't see the crime.  He didn't put 'em on a grill and torch 'em or anything.  He put them down.  Maybe he could have done other things but they are just animals not human children.  I love dogs too, but I don't see the crime.

Hell the hillbillies I grew up around didn't waste a bullet, they just put em in a sack and toss it in a creek.  I have more issues with slowly drowning them than with putting them down instantly.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:24:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:34:49 AM EDT
[#34]
The only assholes I see are the ones in LE who feel it is there "godly mission" to charge the guy with felony counts.

The rest of you who think that he should go to federal "pound me in the ass" prision or be executed are just plain wrong.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:48:53 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The only assholes I see are the ones in LE who feel it is there "godly mission" to charge the guy with felony counts.

The rest of you who think that he should go to federal "pound me in the ass" prision or be executed are just plain wrong.

Cha-CHING.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:55:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Some of you people are amazing.... you believe in gun rights and personal responsibility.... and when this man (however gruesome the task) was exercising BOTH.... you want him imprisoned???  YOU MAKE ME SICK!  

So its ok for the GOVERNMENT to take his animals, lock them in a cage, then KILL them at the end of the week.... but it's CRIMINAL when he takes the responsibility on himself????

Some of you people better wake up and figure out what you stand for.  A whole bunch if hypocracy running rampant in this thread.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:03:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:05:39 AM EDT
[#38]
The guys a dipshit for allowing his dog to breed.
The guys a total fucking moron for allowing a puppy to shoot him. JACKASS!!

The guy was just putting down unwanted puppies, nothing wrong with that, although there are better ways of doing it.

Civics lesson 101:
Who makes the arrests?
Who upholds the laws?
Who charges the accused?
Who makes the laws?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:07:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:15:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:17:43 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Chewing bubblegum...?

TRG

Yeah, I get a little excited from time to time.  :-)  People need to figure out what they believe in and be consistent.  Think things through a little.  

I do have to say, the guy is a dumbass for poor gun handling... without question.... and got the punishment he earned himself for that.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:22:22 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

My godly mission would have been to take the puppy down at gunpoint, submit to the DA for a murder one, strap a 4 year firearm bitch on his sorry ass, and then PC him in the cat wing of county.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:25:45 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
...and then PC him in the cat wing of county.  

Oh fuck!!
HAHAHAAAAA
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:02:17 AM EDT
[#44]
This guy is a dirtbag and if I see him on the street, I am going to knock the living shit out of him.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:08:37 AM EDT
[#45]
I'd get that little pup in a heartbeat.  Would name him "Shooter".

What a good boy.  

- CD
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#46]
The guy doesn't sound like a genius to me, but as much as I love dogs, I don't see anything wrong with putting the puppies down himself.

Let's face it, most dogs that go to the pound probably end up being put to sleep.  As long as the puppies don't suffer, and as long as he's not enjoying himself (puppy target practice) I can't really find a crime in what he did.

Hell, maybe he was practicing for the police academy.  I think you have to kill at least 7 puppies before you make Sergeant.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:39:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:05:53 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Let's see, take it to the pound and it dies as well... but a vet tech gives the dog an injection and it goes to sleep.  Not traumatic for the dog, certainly not painful... but no, he had a gun and an attitude and figured he would be a man by blowing some puppies' heads off.  He is an asshole, and I hope that wound gets infected and he suffers long and hard.  I hope he does do a little time, and I pray to God that somebody shows him how little love God has for those who would treat an animal like this.

Reading a little bit into the story I see?

Remember your 'response' to Dave H?  "Reading an awful lot into this aren't you? Drive-by dumping of puppies? You have a source for that, or are you just talking out of your ass? So, not his pregnant bitch, but the puppies are his property to do with as he wishes? Man, you never fail to let me down with your posts."

You are such a hypocrite it is hilarious!

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:08:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top