Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:10:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:30:00 AM EDT
[#3]
If this had been the notorious "please help my cat Fluffy" thread that popped on the old AR15.com forums, the tone of the posts would be entirely different....

Poor fluffy, may we all bow our heads in remembrance of that poor sick kitteh.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Anyway, I'm just surprised that no one is upset about:

The revolver and a rifle were seized from the home, deputies said.

Dog life was killed.  Brains become unhinged.  Jaws slack.  Ridiculous stuff gets posted on the internet.

I suspect that his weapons were siezed because he was charged with a felony?  Not that it makes it OK of course.  It just illustrates the strategy; define down crime, confiscate weapons, spin it in the news.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:33:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#6]
If this guy gets charged then so should the vets, cattle farmers, pig farmers, chicken farmers, etc....
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh yea, hunters should be charged with animal cruelty also.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#8]
A man not too far away was sent to prison for killing a cat. It belonged to his neighbor, but he didn't know that--no collar, and wandering in a rural area. To me, it's ridiculous that he's going to prison.

Contrast this to a couple of kids who were arrested for animal cruelty recently. They shot a dog tied to pole with a bow and arrow repeatedly (removing the arrow from the animal after every shot), claiming they were putting the dog down.

This guy was putting the dogs down. It's not the way I'd do it, but it's not a felony either. Cruelty laws should punish cruelty, not misfortune.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:58:42 AM EDT
[#9]
That is what is wrong with laws like this, they are arbitrary.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#11]
A whole lot of feel good touchy feely BULLSHIT being spouted here.

I love my dog, and had her spade ASAP as I had no intentions of having her bred. Dogs are also property and in no way should be equated with human life. The trend to giving animals human rights is a SERIOUS problem in our society, brought to you mostly by the kind folks who want to take your guns away.

The guy had a problem and was dealing with it, as should be his right. Sadly, he was also apparently an idiot. Enough about that. I think that has been covered.

Too many of you are obviously infected with liberalism. You need a good shot of reality, but my hopes for a cure are minimal. NOTE-stop watching Disney and Animal Planet.

On the farm growing up, we slaughtered our own cattle. I shot the hell out of the local flying rat population who were defecating in our silos, and today shoot the hell out of the local deer population. Any crying emotional rants over this? Bring it on!

Jesus, what a bunch of panty twisted PETA poster childs Please think about the poor cow who had its life tragically ended as you eat your steak tonight.....

PS, Hiram, I suggest you NEVER go deer hunting with Ed Sr. Trust me on this
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Jesus, what a bunch of panty twisted PETA poster childs

Can I use this as my new sig line?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:20:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Feel free
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#15]
"Theres 7 dogs, genious! What were you gonna do?!? Laugh the last one to death!?! Funny man!"

-repost since the other thread got locked, and the movie was too great not to remember
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:00:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#20]
the shelter the puppies are in now gave the puppies new names.
The puppy that pawed the gun and set it off...his name is Trigger.
The other 3 have been named Winchester, Remington, and Colt.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:09:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The puppies were taken to a shelter where they will be killed by other means. Same outcome, different method.

Riiiight... bet you a dollar that there is already a waiting list for people to foster the puppies.

and the parting shot is knowing that dipshit may have to answer this question... "so, what are you in for?"

yep, I'm ordering my fine puppy vest today

Like my loafers? Former gophers.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Idiot needs 3 years
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#23]
um... how is shooting a dog animal cruelty?  A single .38 slug to the head kills the animal instantly.  If he gave them to the pound they would've just been gassed to death.  

I've had to shoot strays before because the pound refused to come get the animal because I live outside city limits.  

I'm not saying what he did was right, but a felony?  What are the particulars in this case?  If all he was doing was shooting them then this is not right.  Put yourself in his position.  What if you have a dog that gets cancer and you decide to put it out of its misery?  Would you be guilty of felony animal cruelty?  By this case's standards I think you would.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top