Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#1]
What's up with all the republican/libertarian dividers all of a sudden?

What point does this serve?

To perhaps (just perhaps) split libertarian votes away from Bush?

What kind of person would want to see that happen?

I'm becoming more and more convinced that arfcom is being invaded by twenty dollar 's
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Right....that is why I am voting for Bush!  The Libertarian platform is on the wrong side on the war on terrorism

You saw what happened in Russia.  They have  been fighting their war on terrorism for over a dozen years.  It's a sham, just as ours is a sham.  Killing people is not the only way to resolve conflicts.  In fact, it's the worst possible way.  

If you have ever read John Lott's book "More Guns, Less Crime" you know that statistics have disproven conventional wisdom.  What if the conventional wisdom on how to defend our nation and our lives is as dead wrong as the gun-banners idea that disarming everyone makes everyone safer?  

We have a $500Billion / year addiction to the military/industrial complex.  $450B before 9/11.  That money, didn't prevent 9/11 and all we hear are excuses about it.  It didn't do a damn thing, but it was taken from the people and paid out in the interest of national security.  It failed utterly.  How much more should we give up?  A Trillion?  How much is enough to ensure security?  All the war on terror is is another excuse to take from us and give nothing in return.  I saw nothing because security is not theirs to give.  Are you comfortable paying 80% of your income in taxes?  That means fewer choices for you and yours and if you live outside of DC or NYC, your chances of being killed by terrorists are next to nothing---the same as being struck by a meteor!  What a huge misallocation of resources thanks to central planning.

And even if you don't agree there, you have to agree that there must be cheaper and better solutions if only the political will existed to exercise them.  Instead, we get these big money giveways to tight-knight interests.  And then we wonder why there are not enough jobs and no prosperity?  

Not to get off subject, but the biggest impediment to finding honest work in America today is the minimum wage.  Yup, another counterintuitive dilemma!  One would think that setting a minimum standard would help people make a living, but instead, it limits everyone's choices.  

Freedom means having choices.  Americans are currently too uncomfortable with having so many choices to make.

Negitory. Radical Islam must be obliterated from the planet with heavy weapons by trained professional soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines. Just like we did with the Nazis during WW2.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Negitory. Radical Islam must be obliterated from the planet with heavy weapons by trained professional soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines. Just like we did with the Nazis during WW2.

If this is the case, why is there no draft? If Radical Islam was equal to Fascist Nazis we would overwhelm them with our power. Occupying there every city, town and village. For decades if necessary. Washing there minds into a democratic way of thought. As it stand now, all we are doing is throwing fuel on a fire. And giving our government a reason to spend  trillions of dollars, dollars it does not have.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What's up with all the republican/libertarian dividers all of a sudden?

What point does this serve?

To perhaps (just perhaps) split libertarian votes away from Bush?

What kind of person would want to see that happen?

I'm becoming more and more convinced that arfcom is being invaded by twenty dollar 's

I am arguing more about ideology than party platforms.
Also I have been around for a long time.  I am not an invading troll.  If you read all replys you will also see that I am a Bush supporter
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right....that is why I am voting for Bush!  The Libertarian platform is on the wrong side on the war on terrorism

You saw what happened in Russia.  They have  been fighting their war on terrorism for over a dozen years.  It's a sham, just as ours is a sham.  Killing people is not the only way to resolve conflicts.  In fact, it's the worst possible way.  

If you have ever read John Lott's book "More Guns, Less Crime" you know that statistics have disproven conventional wisdom.  What if the conventional wisdom on how to defend our nation and our lives is as dead wrong as the gun-banners idea that disarming everyone makes everyone safer?  

We have a $500Billion / year addiction to the military/industrial complex.  $450B before 9/11.  That money, didn't prevent 9/11 and all we hear are excuses about it.  It didn't do a damn thing, but it was taken from the people and paid out in the interest of national security.  It failed utterly.  How much more should we give up?  A Trillion?  How much is enough to ensure security?  All the war on terror is is another excuse to take from us and give nothing in return.  I saw nothing because security is not theirs to give.  Are you comfortable paying 80% of your income in taxes?  That means fewer choices for you and yours and if you live outside of DC or NYC, your chances of being killed by terrorists are next to nothing---the same as being struck by a meteor!  What a huge misallocation of resources thanks to central planning.

And even if you don't agree there, you have to agree that there must be cheaper and better solutions if only the political will existed to exercise them.  Instead, we get these big money giveways to tight-knight interests.  And then we wonder why there are not enough jobs and no prosperity?  

Not to get off subject, but the biggest impediment to finding honest work in America today is the minimum wage.  Yup, another counterintuitive dilemma!  One would think that setting a minimum standard would help people make a living, but instead, it limits everyone's choices.  

Freedom means having choices.  Americans are currently too uncomfortable with having so many choices to make.

We are 100% in agreement on that!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We did not obliterate Nazis from the planet, They are still here some on this board.We did not use professional soldiers. We used conscripts or draftees as they are known.

I do not disagree that we need to win this war on terror, but it is starting to look like the war on drugs. Another diluted government plan to suck more money out of its citizens pockets.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:58:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was a Ruplican that jumped ship to the Libertarian Party. However, after 9/11 and quite a few changes in the Libertarian platform, I've come back aroud to mostly Reoublican.

Also jumped ship on the Looneyterian party...HOWEVER I am not a Republican Party member either....think I'm just gonna stay Independent.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We did not obliterate Nazis from the planet, They are still here some on this board.We did not use professional soldiers. We used conscripts or draftees as they are known.

I do not disagree that we need to win this war on terror, but it is starting to look like the war on drugs. Another diluted government plan to suck more money out of its citizens pockets.

Ok loose the war on drugs, and more people will get high.  Loose the war on terror then we loose all freedom as we know it or have a major cataclysmic event when a nuke goes off in a big city.  It is like comparing apples to oranges.

What does it matter if the soldiers or draftees or not?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#9]
The War on Drugs is not stopping anyone from getting high. If that war is working how come we still need methadone clinics and rehab centers? People are still getting high and easily finding the drugs they need to do it. More education on drug addiction and the diseases it bring would do more to slow the drug epidemic than police actions do. Even then it is not possible to eradicate it 100%. So far the ware on drugs has netted us no knock warrants, mandatory sentences and greatly expanded eaves dropping by the government. Along with a cost running into the trillions. Yet there is no perceived drop in drug use, Other than that witch follows economic trends.

As for the draftees, If a war is not so popular among a nations citizens, that a draft is acceptable. Than it will be fought in a manner witch lends its self to defeat through attrition. If our population believes this war to be of the utmost importance, than it should have no trouble sending millions of its sons and daughters to fight it. Other wise the only military action we should engage in, is to keep our boarders sealed from illegal immigrants.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top