Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 4:07:02 PM EDT
    I recently acquired this SIR on a trade, today !. It looks as if the forward portion of the top rail that folds forward for installation has an "Upward Bow" in it.  As if someone over-extended it while it was opened ???

( I know the pic isn't the greatest but I hope it shows what I'm talking about  )

Should I just let the Gentleman I traded with that I'm not satisfied....

OR.....

Will A.R.M.S. check out / repair (if necessary) my SIR under warranty ??  

Anyone have any experience with A.R.M.S. Customer Service ????

Thank's for the input everyone....  

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#1]
From the ARMS website

www.armsmounts.com/policies.html

"A.R.M.S.®, Inc. has an unconditional warranty on all workmanship of its products for a period of two years. This warranty does not apply to defects caused by anything that is deemed abnormal, abusive, or improper".

Sounds/looks like the original owner FUBARed the thing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Dick Swan is a great guy to deal with. Call 'em and get an RA#.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag. I'm gonna love seeing this one play out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd think that such a great product line would like to remain unmarred in rep, so they'd take the hit to make you happy. Like a previous poster wrote, "Call up and get an RMA," they'll stand up and do the right thing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe it's just the picture.

But it looks like your delta ring is cocked back at a angle, like it is making contact with the SIR rail.

Do you think that may be causing your problem?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:38:50 PM EDT
[#6]
How many forums are you gonna post this in?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#7]
      I have the SIR in my hands, the pic is from when it was mounted on the previous owners upper.  

I agree that the ring is cocked back, but the design of this doesn't allow that to interfere.

It just looks a little bent....  (kinda' like BigD.... STFU )

Anyway..... I'll call ARMS and see what they have to say.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top