Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 6:08:34 AM EDT
Lets wish him the best and hope that he comes through it okay.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:19:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Prayers sent
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:41:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Prayers sent
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:46:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Good luck Mr. Prez.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:48:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I wish him well. I also wish his "wife" would walk out in front of a fast moving train.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I wish him well. I also wish his "wife" would walk out in front of a fast moving train.

+1 for the ex-President ANy news yet?

-1 for the Hillary comment. Don't you realize what damage an object that big can do to a perfectly good train?

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#7]
The Metternich of McDonalds has pulled through.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#8]
From The Beeb:

Clinton's heart op is 'a success'
Former US President Bill Clinton's heart bypass operation has been successful, says the hospital in New York that carried out the surgery.
New York Presbyterian Hospital said Mr Clinton was resting comfortably.

Mr Clinton, 58, was moved to a theatre for surgery on Monday morning, three days after being hospitalised suffering chest pains and shortness of breath.

More than 26,000 people from all over the world have sent Mr Clinton messages wishing him a speedy recovery.

Mr Clinton spent the weekend with his wife and daughter at a secure wing at the hospital.

Bypass operations, in which sections of the patient's own blood vessels are grafted to bridge over blockages in the heart's arteries, have become a common and usually successful procedure in recent years.

Mr Clinton served two terms as president, during which he became known for his love of fast food and jogging.

Correspondents say he may now have to scale down his role in the Democrat campaign for November's elections.

'Caught in time'

During his own presidency, Mr Clinton showed no signs of heart problems during rigorous health examinations that were made public.

In recent months, Mr Clinton has appeared trim and well - which he attributed to following the "South Beach Diet" of lean meat and unprocessed food.

The former president and his family issued a statement on the Clinton Foundation's website on Sunday, saying they felt "blessed and grateful for the thousands of prayers and messages of goodwill we have received these past few days".

"While bypass surgery certainly isn't something to look forward to, we are very lucky that the condition was detected in time to have this procedure before something more serious occurred," the statement said.

I want you all to let a cheer out and clap that he [Mr Clinton] can hear all the way to New York
John Kerry
Democrat presidential candidate

Mr Clinton's wife, Hillary, appeared on Friday evening outside the top New York Presbyterian Hospital looking relaxed and smiling.

"My husband is doing very well," she said.

President George W Bush and Democratic presidential contender John Kerry, both busy on the campaign trail ahead of November's elections, sent their best wishes to Mr Clinton.

US media reported that despite his condition, Mr Clinton spent 90 minutes over the weekend talking to Mr Kerry from his hospital bed.

Kerry effect

The BBC's Jeremy Cooke in New York says the former president had promised to be a loyal "foot soldier" in Mr Kerry's drive to win the White House, but his involvement may now be limited.

Mr Clinton has already cancelled a two-day campaign trip across New York State.

Known as a formidable campaigner, Mr Clinton gave a speech to the Democratic Party convention in Boston in July that was seen as one of the highlights.

Observers say his natural flair among crowds could have been used to boost the campaign of Mr Kerry, who is regarded as somewhat aloof.

Seems as though despite having his circulation stopped for a few hours has not resulted in any loss of brain function. What's that tell ya?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top