Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2004 11:43:04 AM EDT
I shoot Cmp with a standard Bushy 20 in. I usually score in the upper 300 to lower 400 range. The guys with CMP model bushys usually smoke  me. What kind of scores do you get with you standard rifles? Maybe I'm just a bad shot
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:07:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I shoot Cmp with a standard Bushy 20 in. I usually score in the upper 300 to lower 400 range. The guys with CMP model bushys usually smoke  me. What kind of scores do you get with you standard rifles? Maybe I'm just a bad shot

Comparing scores to other shooters is not going to give you much feedback. Skill level, quality of the rifle, etc. will make it an apples to oranges comparison.

Does you rifle have a float tube? Two stage trigger? Better, finer graduated sights? If not any of these, that more than likely is going to be your limiting factor.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:57:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Comparing scores to other shooters is not going to give you much feedback. Skill level, quality of the rifle, etc. will make it an apples to oranges comparison.

Does you rifle have a float tube? Two stage trigger? Better, finer graduated sights? If not any of these, that more than likely is going to be your limiting factor.

You also didn't say if it was a full 600 yard course or a reduced course ( 100 yards or 200 yards or 300 yards ).

Like Rebel said, you have to compare everything to an accurate idea. But even then it doesn't matter. You really should be competing against yourself, learn from mistakes and improve the next time. My current goal in HP is to shoot the 200 yard slow fire standing and put all 20 shots in the black - 2 matches in a row. Been working on that goal for 3 years now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top