Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 9:58:00 AM EDT
I guess they didn't know it was coming. How hard is "GET OUT" to understand?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:00:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
How hard is "GET OUT" to understand?

How many times have you seen people post here with the equivalent of " they can't make me leave if I don't wanna go!". Look at all of the discussion after the last storm about people trying to get back to their homes through checkpoints, and the people here who said they would just sit it out.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:03:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Where? Under what circumstances?

Getting out isn't always an option. Also, if you are in a properly built and properly shuttered home, you have no reason to flee, especially if you are inland.

I wonder how many have been killed in the Bahamas?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#3]
If I wasn't going to be able to go back in when I wanted to, I would be hesitant to leave.

I can't imagine some polictician deciding that I should leave my home and possessions.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:09:36 AM EDT
[#4]
it was in the Bahamas...guy tried to repair his generator and got electrocuted!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:10:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Got a link?

We haven't experienced a hard direct hit here (one in 1998 and Isabelle last year) but evacuating isn't really something I'm willing to do.  First, getting out of this area is impossible even a rush hour so trying to get out with millions of others and millions more from the outer banks is not going to happen.  On top of that, if you do get out and it's bad they are not letting you back in...meanwhile your shit is getting looted!

If you live in a home that will get lifted away then get out but I don't have to worry about that so I'm staying.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#6]
No, heard it on the local newschannel
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Poor guy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:14:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I heard they banned gun sales and liquor in one town.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:14:53 AM EDT
[#9]
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5897099/
"Winds were weakening Saturday morning in Nassau, where 18-year-old Kenrad Delaney was electrocuted Friday while filling a generator with diesel. The family heard a scream and found him on the floor. He died after being taken to the hospital, police said."

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't own much and it damn sure is not worth dying for.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I heard they banned gun sales and liquor in one town.

They certainly did it in Kissimmee (right near Orlando) yesterday.

All I can say is, "Lighten up, Francis...."
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:16:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I don't own much and it damn sure is not worth dying for.

I was thinking more like the people trying to steal my shit would be doing the dying. It is just weather after all, not a giant meteor strike.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:35:19 PM EDT
[#13]
For a second, I misread this thread and didn't see the s on the end of Frances...then I thought, France couldn't kill anyone...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top