Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 9:31:21 PM EDT
Im stuck in CA, the reason Im looking for a SU 16 over a AR, cant find much info here, any owners out there that have or shoot them?

Thanks,  Rob
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:35:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I shot one last weekend, its a cool gun but for the price I wouldn't buy one. It just felt cheap.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Where in Cali are you? There was probably 5 or 6 of the SU-16's at the range I go to last weekend.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I shot one last weekend, its a cool gun but for the price I wouldn't buy one. It just felt cheap.

They tend to sell for a lot less than the suggested retail price.

I agree that the fit and finish aren't exactly Bushmaster-quality, but for $450 or so, it's a decent Kalifornia gun...
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guy's, Im in the Orange Co. area. What range are you shooting at? I wouldnt mind tring one out.
You guy's think it would be better than a Mini 14?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:42:29 PM EDT
[#5]
MUCH better than a Mini. It'll actually group. I love mine,  it makes a great travel gun.  The only thing I would change it the orange plastic front sight.  I HATE colored sights.   Gotta break out the flat black spray paint  one of these days
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:45:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They tend to sell for a lot less than the suggested retail price.

I agree that the fit and finish aren't exactly Bushmaster-quality, but for $450 or so, it's a decent Kalifornia gun...

WTF, $450, you are kidding me right, $250 maybe.  I'll get an AR15 for a little bit more.  No Thank You.

As for the folks in CA.  I feel for you man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top