Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 11:03:41 AM EDT
Ok this is kind of a wierd topic, my little sister works in a retail store and this kid seems to be kinda stalking her.  He is an imigrant from Mexico, doesnt speek much english and has his dad translate for him.  The other day he brought a bunch of gifts to her work.  He seems to know where she is all the time and repeatedly asked her boss for her address and number.  My sister is kinda woried that he might do something when she leaves work or school.  She is 17 he is in his mid 20's.  We cant read his writing so we cant do a background check on the name.  She told him several times that she has a bf but he says he doesnt care.  

She wants me to watch after her when she leaves work and other times where she might be alone.  What methods should i take to watch her?  I think well if i sit back and watch that gives him a chance to do something and then i can act accordingly.  Or if i am right by her side then maybe he will stay away, until he notices im not there.  Cops wont do anything till he does something.  What rights do i have to protect my sister?

Thanks guys for any help.
Will
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:05:35 AM EDT
[#1]
get a suit and dark sunglasses and talk in to your cuff
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:06:35 AM EDT
[#2]
his in his 20's and going after a 17 year old? wow he must be desperate most of the time they go after 14-16.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:06:49 AM EDT
[#3]
La Migra, La Migra
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Good Old fashion beat-down.....
She's already told you she's not interested.
Don't Fuck with my family Beotch.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:08:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
La Migra, La Migra

Indeed.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:09:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I lived in CA so its packed with our mexican friends.  Many seem to understand family and many seem very scared of guns. Especially stainless revolvers.

If I were you I would brush up on your spanish and basically tell him to stay the fuck away from little sis. He will get the picture, they sure like the gringas
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Call Immigration on his ass.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:11:40 AM EDT
[#9]
he doesnt speak english and i dont speak spanish and im not going through an interpreter, especially if its his dad.  I was just thinkin about a beat down.  Then again the only snag i see is that he doesnt speak the language so maybe hes trying to be nice, and its coming off wrong.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:13:56 AM EDT
[#10]
if you cant speak english get the hell out
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:16:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Have the boss ask him for ID.  Maybe he is dumb enough to hand it over.

Watch and see if he is hanging around the parking lot.  See if you can get a tag number, vehicle description, etc.

Ask his father to translate this:  "I am her brother and our family will .... if you dont leave her alone."

As a last resort, bring some friends and educate him.  Repeat as needed.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#12]
No reason to be such an asshole the first time.

Just have his dad interpret the fact that he needs to undertand this isn't going to happen and move on.

Stage 2 is the lead pipe to the kneecaps.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Confront him.  Don't be polite but don't be abusive either.  Tell him plainly that his actions are inappropriate and they need to cease.

Yup. Find a friend to come along and translate. Speak bluntly, but stick to the facts. Be ready to back your words up.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:31:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:29:36 PM EDT
[#15]
My advice is first to try every legal avenue possible and see if a restraining order is possible.  Create a paper trail of trying everything you can and document it in case you or her has to defend any future actions.  After that, yourself, or someone else, needs to explain to him that advances are not wanted and he needs to stop them.

Check with local laws on what type of self-defense is permissible, i.e. pepper spray, stun gun, etc. and make sure she has something at all times and knows how and when to use it.  

Until this is resolved, make sure someone knows where she is at all times. Have her check in regularly and have someone with her during times of transit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top