Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 5:34:21 PM EDT
Here's what they have there now:

Originally said by a DU Jackass:

I just want to give all of you a heads-up to let you know what's going on tonight during Bush's speech.

We've already turned off new user registration, and it will stay off overnight. That should cut down on most of the disruptors, but there still might be a few. If you see one, just hit the alert link on one of their posts to let the moderators know.

The moderators and I will open an "official Bush Speech thread" for any of you that want to participate in an official play-by-play discussion. When that official thread approaches 100 replies, we'll open up official thread #2. And as necessary we'll open up thread 3, 4, 5, etc. You are not required to discuss Bush's speech in the official threads. If you want to continue to start your own threads, you are welcome to do so.

Please take it easy on the moderators; their job gets pretty tough on days like this.

It's going to be an interesting night. I can't believe I'm actually going to watch this moron speak.

Good to see all you on DU tonight!

David Allen
"Skinner"
DU Administrator

So Remember, even though we've all been banned.
Get another free email account, register at DU, and post a few harmless ones here and there until Election Night.
You Know:

I agree!

Disgusting!!

I hate them!

Etc.

Then, when Bush wins, we can Bum-Rush DU and gloat.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a plan!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a couple of gmail account invites left ...

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That place is going to be interesting on the night of Nov 2nd. It is either going to be a huge circle jerk or a mass suicide therapy group, either way they will be fit to be tied.

This place will be just as bad (but we'll make gobs more sense while doing it).

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#5]
New user registration is axed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That place is going to be interesting on the night of Nov 2nd. It is either going to be a huge circle jerk or a mass suicide therapy group, either way they will be fit to be tied.

I think 9-13 will be much worse than 11-2...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I imagine we will be all cirle jerked out on Sept 14th.
tony
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I imagine we will be all cirle jerked out on Sept 14th.
tony

September 15th headline:"Thousands of men found dead from dehydration in front of their computers. "

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#9]
do they accept registrations from free email accounts? I looked into it once but they wouldn't accept hotmail. yahoo, etc only ones from an actual ISP
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
do they accept registrations from free email accounts? I looked into it once but they wouldn't accept hotmail. yahoo, etc only ones from an actual ISP

No, but my mail server was kosher. I'll wait for new user registration to open up, test it, if its a go.....Well, codename "The Eagle has Flown"
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:44:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh, I have an active account over there that I use to subtly subvert them from time to time.  It'll be interesting....

Woody
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top