Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 6:49:16 AM EDT
I have been hearing that when you buy one of those "Support the Troops" yellow ribbon magnets that part of the money goes to some "support the troops" fund.

I have looked around on the net and haven't found anything that backs this up. Unless the company contributes a portion of the money when a retailer buys the magnets in bulk, I can't see how there could be any way to track whether a store is sending in monye or not.

The only thing even remotely close to this was a blurb on one of the sites that says that they are good for selling in FSG fund raisers. Not quite the same thing though.

Anybody know anything more about this?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#1]
i have not heard that
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:44:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I got a red white and blue ribbon magnet (just like the yellow ones) from a lady who was selling them at a local festival.  The way I understood it, the organization that she was with (small town organization) was selling them as a fundraiser to send care packages to the troops... (or something like that).  

Basically I think anyone can buy a bunch from the manufacturer and then they can resell them for whatever cost for whatever reason.  I doubt the manufacturer is doing anything to help anyone besides make money.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:49:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I support the troops by paying my taxes, anything else is a scam.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:53:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I guess that answers that then...
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:27:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SMACK!

You want a fresh one? ...

+1  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SMACK!

+1  

Such is life, glad we live in America so I can voice my opinon.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:21:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:36:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
LOL, my friend you never have any problem doing that!  I think Hielo is just upset that he didn't think of it first... could have funded a huge expansion on that outhouse of his!

What more is there to add...a tennis court?  I don't play.  Now racquetball wouldn't be bad!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:11:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SMACK!

+1  hr

Such is life, glad we live in America so I can voice my opinon.

And so are they
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top