Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 10:52:25 AM EDT
So how did it go? I'm scheduled for this thursday.
Are you glad you had it done?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe he can't read threads anymore.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#2]
BTT 'cause I want to know also.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:38:12 PM EDT
[#5]
That guy was me.  Dude it was so easy and a breeze.  I didn't even know the cornea cut had been made until I realized he was flipping it back.  You never felt a thing at all.  The actual lasik part I only knew was happening because my vision went in and out and I could smell it.  I was blurry the rest of the day and that night but in the morning I could see great.  My vision is awesome.  The night vision when driving requires more attention because of the starbursts but they will go away.  

Get it done...it rocks!  Just be sure and go to a highly recommended doctor.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Is this surgery coverd by your insurance? If not, what did the total operation cost, about $1,600 per eye?                                
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:03:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:51:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That guy was me.  Dude it was so easy and a breeze.  I didn't even know the cornea cut had been made until I realized he was flipping it back.  You never felt a thing at all.  The actual lasik part I only knew was happening because my vision went in and out and I could smell it.  I was blurry the rest of the day and that night but in the morning I could see great.  My vision is awesome.  The night vision when driving requires more attention because of the starbursts but they will go away.  

Got some starbursts, huh?  Did you have regular Lasik, or Custom Lasik?  My Lasik was done almost 6 years ago and my starbursts never went away.  My eyes have changed slightly, and between that and the starbursts, now I need glasses to drive at night.  My doc, who is a university prof and doing a lot of th research in the field, says that most likey Custom Lasik can correct the starbursts.  But, using Custom Lasik to enhance an older Lasik procedure is relatively new procedure and there are still many unknowns.  Like if it is better to cut a new flap or raise the original one.  Point is, I am waiting a while get my eyes worked on again.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:18:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got some starbursts, huh?  Did you have regular Lasik, or Custom Lasik?  My Lasik was done almost 6 years ago and my starbursts never went away.  My eyes have changed slightly, and between that and the starbursts, now I need glasses to drive at night.  My doc, who is a university prof and doing a lot of th research in the field, says that most likey Custom Lasik can correct the starbursts.  But, using Custom Lasik to enhance an older Lasik procedure is relatively new procedure and there are still many unknowns.  Like if it is better to cut a new flap or raise the original one.  Point is, I am waiting a while get my eyes worked on again.  

I got the intralase custom lasik.  I'm assuming it's starbursts.  Basically when I look at lights in the night time they kind of "bleed out" further.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:22:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
and I could smell it.  

no shit, what's it smell like,like burning?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I violently shudder at the thought of my eyes being peeled back like an onion.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:39:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I got the intralase custom lasik.  I'm assuming it's starbursts.  Basically when I look at lights in the night time they kind of "bleed out" further.  

Yeah that's it.  Hopefully yours goes away. Its supposed to right to, right?  Keep me updated, because I am interested in how likely the Custom procedure is to fix mine.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:03:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
and I could smell it.  

no shit, what's it smell like,like burning?

Nah...to me it smelt more like getting teeth drilled.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:04:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah that's it.  Hopefully yours goes away. Its supposed to right to, right?  Keep me updated, because I am interested in how likely the Custom procedure is to fix mine.

Yes it is supposed to but still takes a few months to go away.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top