Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Remember Starship Troopers, Only people who served should be allowed to vote
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:51:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've said it before in another thread, but I'll say it again.

I don't really care what the voting age is, but let's at least have it make sense.
You can vote when you're 18.
You can serve in the military at 18.
You can drink when you're 21?

Remember you must be 21 to own a pistol.
You kill but you can't own a pistol real smart.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#3]
No, no, no, no, everyone knows that the voting age should be the same as the age you can legally buy liquor, get a drivers liscence, and defile sheep, 35....

I too find it oxymoronic that the legal age to vote/die in the military/pose nude/ vote aren't the same,

kind of non sequitoric if you ask me, but YMMV
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And what about self-righteous assholes that join the military and then take an "I'm better than you" attitude

That's because I am better than you

PV2 Pagan

I know you're just joking here, but I take great offense to anyone saying they're better becuase they served and I didn't.  I TRIED.  After the Air Force, Army, and Navy, all said "nope, sorry, you have asthma, we can't take you"  I decided I wouldn't even bother wasting the Marines' time.

So its kind of a sore subject with me.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top