Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 12:54:49 AM EDT
Question for those who are married:

When your wife married you,  what steps did she take to legally change her maiden name to her married name?  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:46:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Uhhhhhhhhhh, I guess it happened when we got married. Been over 31 years now and no one has questioned it.

NMSight
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:47:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell, I don't really know!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:49:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I had to wait until the Army told me it was okay to sew on married name on uniforms. I think the big ones to change were social security and drivers license. It was 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:51:24 AM EDT
[#4]
It was part of the marriage certificate process.  When completing the form it asked what name the spouse would be taking.  Then afterwards she took her certificat to the DMV to get her license remade.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:56:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Social Security.  www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10642.html
IRS.  www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-10.html
Work.
DMV.
Credit Card Companies.
Utilities.

You might need to submitt a noterized copy of your marriage certificate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top