Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2004 5:02:32 PM EDT
I was driving down the road on the way towards the store. Had my wife and 2 kids with me. I was on a 4 lane divided highway. I noticed on the opposite side of the road that there was a state trooper that had pulled over a little brown station wagon. As I drove past them I saw that the trooper and some guy were laying on the ground wrestling/fighting. It took a couple seconds for me to figure out what exactly was going on, by the time I realized that the trooper needed some help I was already a little ways down the road. I sped up and got to the next place that I could turn around at, and whipped a U-turn. I hauled ass back there as fast as I could. When I was almost alongside the troopers vehicle my heart sank into my stomach. All I saw was the trooper laying face down in the ditch along the side of the road. I didn't see the guy he was fighting with anywhere. I pulled over and ran back to see if the trooper was still alive. As soon as I got close enough I saw that the trooper was in fact still alive(thank god!!) and that he had managed to get the suspect underneath him and had him pinned to the ground. One of the suspects hands was in handcuffs and the other was underneath him.

I yelled out before I got right up on them asking if the trooper needed some help. I knew he did, just didn't want him to think I was coming to help the suspect instead of him. The trooper told me to get on his radio and call for help. I did. Meanwhile a couple other people showed up. I grabbed the guys legs while the other 3 tried to get the suspects free hand into the cuffs. The guy fought until the very end even though there were 4 of us on top of him. The trooper ended up doing the rope around the feet then up to the handcuff thing. because the guy was still being an idiot. Wrote out a statement on what happened and left. Within a couple minutes there were 8 or 10 cop cars on the scene. I think just about everyone of them thanked me for stopping to help the trooper.

lots of fun
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:08:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome.

My good deed for the day was giving free mammograms.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Its not a good deed if you go bragging about it. j/k.

Good job!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I would have softened the guy up by kicking him in the ribs a few times.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:30:46 PM EDT
[#4]
So, I gather the keys weren't in the squad car?  
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Good Job!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top