Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2004 2:21:39 PM EDT
This thread is probably on its way to lock-city.

So whaddya think?  I laughed my ass off – and so did everyone I sent it to (except for this one fat kid that doesn’t talk much in the first place – j/k!)

Oh – and just in case ya don’t know what the hell I’m talking about:
www.pages.drexel.edu/~ecm22/videos/fatkid.wmv
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:25:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't listen to the audio cause I'm at work, but it looks like he was willingly letting them shoot him.  If it was some poor fat kid getting bullied I might have a little pity, but still laugh

Edited to add: there are some safety issues, but so where all of the situations in Jackass, and that was hysterical.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I would have stopped shooting at him and made him put his sunglasses back on before continuing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I didn't listen to the audio cause I'm at work,

Oh believe me - it is shrill!  (and it looks like he's smiling at the end of his initial tirade)

Safety issues in Jackass?  Really?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#4]
We threw dirt clods (read rocks) at each other as kids.
We shot each other with BB guns.
We survived.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:28:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought it was pretty damn funny and if you look at his face so does the fat kid. While he clearly doesn't want to get shot again he's grinning when he's not screaming like a little girl and calling everyone motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:29:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Paintballs can and have put out eyes permanetely. It was criminal in some states.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:29:24 PM EDT
[#7]
My friend did the same thing to me too, the sadistic fuck.  We're still friends.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I was on the receiving end of acts like that when I was young.  I spent 12 years in school being bullied (I am short and made good grades and even got chunky for a while).

I thought the video was funny as hell.  I felt some sympathy, you have to realize though that some people go paintballing with EXACTLY the same mode of dress.  

The kid should have jumped of the rock and beat the crap out of the kid doing it instead of screaming like a little bitch.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#9]
It wasn't cool, I hope those kids piss off the wrong person one day.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I had to refrain from posting in the original thread for fear of offending all the boobs who WERE that picked on fat kid as a child....

Oh ya, laughed my ass off...
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:30:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh great, here comes another 5 pages of the manginas crying about the inhumanity of it all. It was funny, it's what boys/men do. Get over it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't think it's the safety issues that bother me; just that it's asshole-type behavior to treat someone like that.

Needless to say, if someone shot me multiple times with a paintball gun at close range, I would do everything in my power to inflict that bodily harm would would draw blood. I sure as hell wouldn't be shooting at the kid, either.

Just image if you're kid came back from a day of paintballing and had 120 or so welts on him... wouldn't you be pissed off? If you were any shit of a parent, you would be, but you seem pretty entertained that some kid is getting shot.

Not to say that it's unsafe, it's just asshole behavior.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Needless to say, if someone shot me multiple times with a paintball gun at close range, I would do everything in my power to inflict that bodily harm would would draw blood.

...and who is to say that that  (despite the apparent rage affecting your typing - but we all get the idea) wouldn't make an amusing video?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#14]
thought it was funny........his buds knew what he was like and staged it

All others wanting Law Suits, OSHA enforcement and likewise for friends pulling gags on each other are pityful and a plague on America......GTH F'rs

There were no 120 shots [assh*le]
stop weaving....
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:34:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Oh great, here comes another 5 pages of the manginas crying about the inhumanity of it all. It was funny, it's what boys/men do. Get over it.

Nothing wrong with a little bullying, but videotaping it and posting it on the net is fucked up.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:34:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Very funny, but wrong.  There are reasons you don't shoot paintball guns at someone without face protection.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:35:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Fat kids make good, big targets.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
We survived.

Ditto with above.

If someone votes for "Criminal", you are adding to the pussification of America.

Adult shooting a fat kid with pb gun? criminal yes. This instance kids, just fucking hilarious.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:38:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Watch the video again, they don't shoot him anymore after he removes his sunglasses. They scare the shit out of him but all the shots go in the water. They still shouldn't have shot at him on account of it being a safety issue but I don't think he's actually being bullied. He's just the unlucky little bastard that walked out on that rock, could of been anyone of them probably.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:38:39 PM EDT
[#20]
The video is cruel but funny and it's a damn good thing nobody got seriously hurt.  I've heard of a person getting killed by a paintball through the eye socket.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:40:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Needless to say, if someone shot me multiple times with a paintball gun at close range, I would do everything in my power to inflict that bodily harm would would draw blood. I sure as hell wouldn't be shooting at the kid, either.

Geez Oh Pete's! I thought I was taking this seriously!

I don't think it was entertain to strand the kid out on a rock and shoot at him with the paintball gun either, but this wasn't an "assault". The chubby kid should have delievered a knuckle sandwich, leave it at that.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:42:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Needless to say, if someone shot me multiple times with a paintball gun at close range, I would do everything in my power to inflict that bodily harm would would draw blood.

...and who is to say that that  (despite the apparent rage affecting your typing - but we all get the idea) wouldn't make an amusing video?

Why don't a murder a family and video tape it, perhaps that would be amusing, too?

NOTE: Mods, not serious, devil's advocate.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:44:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I don't think it was entertain to strand the kid out on a rock and shoot at him with the paintball gun either, but this wasn't an "assault".

I agree with you, I don't think this should qualify as assault either.

Assault is when you try to inflict harm, and although this is a bunch of assholes participating in a prank they probably wouldn't like to have pulled on them; it isn't assault.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why don't a murder a family and video tape it, perhaps that would be amusing, too?

Post your address...
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#25]
YES

Edited to add:
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:48:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Post your address...

I wonder which is a more volatile subject. Fat kids get sniped with paintball guns or cops who shoot dogs?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Who says I haven't?

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:50:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.apanet.org/~fda/picts/28.gif

You seem to know a lot about the procedure.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Stuff like that keep the Psychologists in business.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

What the hell is that supposed to be?

Step 1: wash your hands

Step 2: get sideways, cross your legs, insert fingers in vagina from behind

Step 3: wash your hands again

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#31]
(washing the sand out of the clitoral area)
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I wonder which is a more volatile subject. Fat kids get sniped with paintball guns or cops who shoot dogs?

What cops are shooting whose dogs?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

You, sir, are truly a beautiful person.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who says I haven't?

www.apanet.org/~fda/picts/28.gif

a family of what? dingleberries?

what's going on in that middle slide?

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:43:14 PM EDT
[#36]
It's a stinking paint ball gun , and not even a very good one judging by the fact that the balls bounced off instead of splattering . Plus they were shooting at the waist down ,,as you can see by the splashes in the water .....  Is it safe behavior ... No .. But it is typically normal young male behavior .

When I was growing up , shooting and being shot with non lethal weapons  was all in a days play

I mean it could be worse . They could have been filming themselves performing skits with DOLLS ..... I mean Action Figures
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
We survived.

Did all the above and worse.. I remember taking massive couch pillows and using a belt to tie them off to my arms, and chest them playing sumo wrestlers with my brother.. Ended up with blood all over the carpet from a busted lip.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Fucking HILARIOUS.

Kids will be kids and I'm sick of the nanny-state "it's for the children bullshit."

Fact is 90% of the shit we pulledas kids  was WAY more dangerous than popping a screaming little bitch with a few paintballs.

SG
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:00:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Upon further review of the video in question, I have no choice but to John Kerry on this issue.

Based on the fact that he is laughing in the video and it appears that they weren't shooting at the head I must conclude that this was a hrmless prank and that there was probably no malice intended. I still think that the John Michael should have delivered a "charlie horse" to whoever was doing the shooting, but I now think that I probably over reacted after my first viewing.

The mods may now delete this thread to remove any proof that I ever admitted to an error.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#40]
I voted "not funny" because the kid should have had a face mask on.  I did shoot a friend in the back of the neck one time about 3' away one time.  He had it coming though because he shot me first.  As soon as hunt 101 is back in order I'll post a pic of what he did to my left nipple.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#41]
I vote FUNNY AS HELL!

For some reason I see a bit of a difference between killing someone and tagging some pasty fat legs with paintballs.  I have been on both ends of it, and my reaction was decidedly different than that foul mouthed little girl.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
This thread is probably on its way to lock-city.

So whaddya think?  I laughed my ass off – and so did everyone I sent it to (except for this one fat kid that doesn’t talk much in the first place – j/k!)

Oh – and just in case ya don’t know what the hell I’m talking about:
www.pages.drexel.edu/~ecm22/videos/fatkid.wmv

That is NOTHING compared to what we did when I was a kid. We BB gunfights, rockfights, stickfights and we also used to shoot arrows up in a field full of us kids and dodge them. None of that stuff is safe, by the way.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Well like I said in my original post, Why did you guys look at the video if you didn't want to see a fat kid get hit with paintballs? Nobody has answered that yet. I used to work at a warehouse and when the the work day was slow we would get out these HUGE rubber bands and have rubber band fights. They were probably a foot long half and inch wide and a quarter inch thick. We would pull them back as far as our arms would let us and let fly! The closer to your victim the better. We had ONE rule. GIVE BETTER THAN YOU GOT! Even the warehouse manager would join in! Anyway , they hurt and would leave big red welts. I never knew that on certain places a fat guy can have more pain than other places on his body. I found out by being the fat guy! It was great fun! It always put me in a better mood too. Take care. Coondog
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Kids are mean.  That's life.  You're just lucky if you can get it on tape.

Yeah, I laughed when he started schreeching like a girl.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#45]
That is some seriously funny shit.  "STOP, STOP, STOP, AAAWWWWOOOOWWW, STOP IT YOU FUCKER, SSTTOOPP” The kid cries like a little bitch, That made it all that much funnier.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:51:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#47]
it's funny as hell till you shoot an eye out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top