Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 1:25:27 PM EDT
Check out the photo with this article:

www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040824/1037727.asp

Click on the little magnifying glass above the photo to get a closer look.

I say the photo is staged because the guy on the bottom has the lens cap on his scope closed.

I hear second hand from "a guy that was in the army" (not sure how long ago) that the guy may just be looking for targets thus doesn't have his scope uncovered.  He said, "Maybe he is a reservist and doesn't know what he's doing."  Also this guy said "since it is a machine gun you don't really need to aim it you just see where the rounds hit and you walk them up the target"

So in your opinion, is the photo authentic, probably authentic, maybe staged, or definately staged?  Give your reasons for why you think that.

Personally I still think it's a staged photo.  But I admit I don't know much about these matters.

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:26:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Super Mega Ultra Dupe
As I learned...It's an AImpoint.  You use both eyes and remained capped so your towelhead target can't see your dot.

Buuhh Byyye
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Super Mega Ultra Dupe
As I learned...It's an AImpoint.  You use both eyes and remained capped so your towelhead target can't see your dot.

Buuhh Byyye

Ah...dupe sorry about that.

Before the lock, can someone post a link to the original?

Thx.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:48:26 PM EDT
[#3]
It was in one of Lumpy196's "news photos for gun nuts" posts.  from earlier last week i think.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I dug back a ways but could't find it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#5]
If you have an Aimpoint equipped AR15 try it.
It works!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#6]
probably a "posed" pic.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#7]
There was another site that had the same pic but also showed another taken a few seconds after where the cover was off.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#8]
No it's not fake you can still use the aimpoint with the front cover down if you have it zeroed in for your point of aim and impact of the round, thats the nice thing about the reflex sight we use like that alot it helps so light won't reflect off of the front lens and you use it for quick fireing so you can shoot with both eye's open.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It was in one of Lumpy196's "news photos for gun nuts" posts.  from earlier last week i think.

Yep.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#10]
The clear, large color pic, clearly shows links being ejected from the SAW-it's not staged...
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Many of the older aimpoints have gotten so dim that you HAVE to keep the cover closed to use them.  I believe Hoplite, another member here, had that problem before.

I don't think that is the case here, though - probably simply eliminating unnecessary glare.

Am I the only one here that can't see barrels on either rifle?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top