Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:10:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:11:21 AM EDT
[#2]
bumped and updated.

EDITED 10/19/04:

Coming Home

By Patrick J. Buchanan
If Bush loses, his conversion to neoconservatism, the Arian heresy of the American Right, will have killed his presidency. Yet, in the contest between Bush and Kerry, I am compelled to endorse the president of the United States. Why? Because, while Bush and Kerry are both wrong on Iraq, Sharon, NAFTA, the WTO, open borders, affirmative action, amnesty, free trade, foreign aid, and Big Government, Bush is right on taxes, judges, sovereignty, and values. Kerry is right on nothing.
If Kerry wins, leading a party that detests this war, he will be forced to execute an early withdrawal. Should that bring about a debacle, neocons will indict Democrats for losing Iraq. The cakewalk crowd cannot be permitted to get out from under this disaster that easily. They steered Bush into this war and should be made to see it through to the end and to preside over the withdrawal or retreat. Only thus can they be held accountable. Only thus can this neo-Jacobin ideology be discredited in America’s eyes. It is essential for the country and our cause that it be repudiated by the Republican Party formally and finally. The neocons must clean up the mess they have made, themselves, in full public view.

There is a final reason I support George W. Bush. A presidential election is a Hatfield-McCoy thing, a tribal affair. No matter the quarrels inside the family, when the shooting starts, you come home to your own. When the Redcoats approached New Orleans to sunder the Union and Jackson was stacking cotton bales and calling for help from any quarter, the pirate Lafitte wrote to the governor of Louisiana to ask permission to fight alongside his old countrymen. “The Black Sheep wants to come home,” Lafitte pleaded.

It’s time to come home.

Pretty honorable of him. He sticks to his principles yet understands the gravity of the consequences of this election.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I shudder to think what a President Kerry will want to put on the court.

Four words:
Chief Justice Hillary Clinton.

Perhaps the presidency in 2008 is not her objective.  Perhaps her sights are actually set higher.

If that doesn't convince you to vote for President Bush, you are beyond reason.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:04:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
And give me a link for these "strict-Constitutionalists" and their nominations.  I have heard nothing about it.

Unless it was an honest request, you should know better than to challenge Mac like that.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:13:44 AM EDT
[#5]
+1
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Too bad Buchanan isn't running, I'd vote for him over the two assclowns we have to choose from now.

Well now, that's surely a damn shame!

Don't worry VA_Dinger, Virginia is NOT one of those 'battleground' states, and will be easily won by the President and he will receive ALL of Virginia's Electoral Votes.

So, your vote for anyone other than President Bush wouldn't mean squat, anyway!

Gosh, don't you just LOVE the Electoral College system that the Founding Fathers gave us!

Eric The(FourMoreYears)Hun

What an assclown.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:22:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Too bad Buchanan isn't running, I'd vote for him over the two assclowns we have to choose from now.

Well now, that's surely a damn shame!

Don't worry VA_Dinger, Virginia is NOT one of those 'battleground' states, and will be easily won by the President and he will receive ALL of Virginia's Electoral Votes.

So, your vote for anyone other than President Bush wouldn't mean squat, anyway!

Gosh, don't you just LOVE the Electoral College system that the Founding Fathers gave us!

Eric The(FourMoreYears)Hun

What an assclown.

You certainly are.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top