Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 11:56:41 PM EDT
I'm talking about UPS.

They were supposed to deliver a package to my house on Friday the 27th. I checked tracking several times and it always said "delivery on time" still no package. I check a little later... and low and behold, its been re-scheduled for Monday. I was planning on reading those books over the weekend before the new school semester starts on Tuesday. Now it looks like I wont get the chance until Christmas.

Thanks Brown.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I had next day packages sit in shipping for days.  I havne had as many problems over the last few years.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:35:00 AM EDT
[#2]
That's why I use Fedex...
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:41:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I personally deliver all my packages myself.  I put quite a few miles on my truck doing it, but at least I know it will get there.  Plus, I don't hassle myself over shipping regulations.  I'm always polite to myself when I hand over a package for delivery.  No questions asked.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:46:54 AM EDT
[#4]
"How can Brown fuck you over today"
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:52:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I personally deliver all my packages myself.  I put quite a few miles on my truck doing it, but at least I know it will get there.  Plus, I don't hassle myself over shipping regulations.  I'm always polite to myself when I hand over a package for delivery.  No questions asked.  

You work for UPS?

Well, there was this one delivery guy (dont know who) who delivered a package to my door when I wasnt home. He went to the effort of putting the patio chair in front of it and hanging the placemat over it to disguise the box. Kudos to that guy.

I feel sort of like an ass now. I went through the trouble to complain here about one incident, but never mentioned the good effort of the UPS guy before this.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:54:48 AM EDT
[#6]
We know our local UPS guy. He is a friendly guy, a shooter and friend of the Sherrif, and he brings treats for our dogs.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 1:05:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You work for UPS?

Nope.  Just being a little demented.  Sometimes I do that.

Personally, my experience with UPS usually changes depending on who the delivery person is.  My neighborhood used to have the same delivery guy for years.  He got to know all the people that he delivered packages to frequently.  He was friendly and went of of his way to make sure your package was safe and delivered to the correct address.   Then one day about 5 years ago, he was gone and it's been a roulette wheel of delivery people ever since.  The nice thing about actually knowing our delivery guy was that he left my packages at my back door.  Even if it was supposed to be signed for.  He did that because I asked him to.  I couldn't always be there to sign for a package and he knew I didn't like driving 20 miles to the hub to pick it up.  The new delivery people wont do that or if they will, their route changes and I get a new delivery person.  I give up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:32:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Anybody else get boned by Brown?

If I did I wouldn't run around admitting it !!  
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:38:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:19:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
"How can Brown fuck you over today"

Yep, I've been screwed by UPS too many times, also.

That's why FedEx Ground gets my business these days...Not to mention that my FedEx Ground shipping station has a couple of real HOTTIES working behind the counter!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:24:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:05:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I won't use anything BUT UPS if I get the option.  FedEx has treated me like a friggin leper on too many occaisions, but the last one was the straw that ended my patience.  The FedEx guy left a sticker on my mailbox saying he attempted a delivery at 1:30 on a Friday afternoon and nobody was home.  (my wife, my brother, my daughter and my mother-in-law were all home, and were in fact in the front yard at the time he claimed to have showed up)  I called to find out what the problem was, and they told me that the asshat driver has logged 3 separate attempts (I had ONE sticker on my mailbox) to my house and if I don't come to the hub station TODAY to pick it up (50 miles away), they'll return my package to the shipper as undeliverable....If I'm PAYING for the shipping, I expect it delivered to my DOOR in a timely fashion.  I've never had a problem with UPS or USPS, although I get some funny looks when they comment on a heavy parcel and I tell 'em they just delivered 2K of 308 ammo!

It all depends on the delivery guy/gal so I guess I'm not entirely blaming the FedEx corporation, but I won't use 'em again until I move or they get a new delivery driver out here.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:13:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Not to mention that my FedEx Ground shipping station has a couple of real HOTTIES working behind the counter!

Not here
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#14]
How late does UPS deliver?

It is already 7:10PM here, and according to tracking it has been "In transit for delivery" since  8:30am this morning from the local hub. This UPS hub is not even 5 miles away from my house.

Looks like a second failure to deliver on time, in a row, for the same package. This is weak. UPS=Unreliable Parcel Service?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#15]
UPS lost my SIG 230.  My UPS guy though is a nice guy and hides things so that you cant see it from the street.  I need to get him a present for Xmas.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Few weeks ago I had a barrel overnighted from Maine.

I was watching the tracking that morning.  When I checked it as I left for work, it said it had been re-scheduled to be delivered the next day!!!!

I checked again 30 minutes later.  It had been re-re-scheduled to arrive on the speicified , correct day.

My blood pressure was hitting "oh shit" mode there for a while.

But I will say this.  My UPS guy is great!  Known him for a good eight years now.  Hides my packages just where I want them.  His fill-in guy is great too.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes.
One of my buddies from here shipped me an airsoft AUG among a bunch of other goodies, UPS busted the box open, broke the AUG and shipped it on to me.
Of course, the insurance claim was denied, improper packaging, even though the AUG was wrapped in ~15lbs of BDU clothes.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#18]
I've found that UPS service is almost completely dependent on local hubs and local management.

Some are absoutely awesome, and some just suck incredibly hard.  When the fiancee and I lived in a shitty suburb of D.C., the UPS people fucked up things is so many different ridiculous ways that it was hard to believe anyone could be THAT incompetent.  (I could go on and on with examples - one was delivering our package to some dude on a completely different street about a mile away, and another one was sending us a post card that said they couldn't deliver to our address because it didn't exist - why they though sending a post card to a non-existient address would help still escapes me).

However, since I've been living in my current location (western suburbs of St. Louis), I've had nothing but excellent and outstanding service from UPS, and the delivery dude is awesome (and never complains at carrying crates of ammo to my front door).

... except one time that involved shipping something from australia, where the idiots held it for two weeks in customs (for no apparent reason, and without informing me or the shipper), and then sent it back and forth to Kentucky several times when they finally did decide to send it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:16:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, package came around 8:15pm. I was starting to think it got lost. Contents look like they've been smacked around a bit, but they are just books, the corners can be straightened out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top