Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:01:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Bad topic Mods should lock.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:02:38 PM EDT
[#2]
See UC
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:04:40 PM EDT
[#3]
If every one said "no, no more. I'm not going to take your shit anymore. Either give us what we want or we will take it." If every American stood up. We couldn't be stoped. For instance there are 50,000 members on arfcom. Rule out the trolls and non-gunowners and lets say we get 40,000. 40,000 heavily armed Americans. Do you know how powerful we would be? We could take the government. Now you factor in all of the ex-military phycos that live in houses surroune by class 3 guns and explosives. You would have a force so strong we could take over the country. If I had the chance would I overthrow the government? If I said what I really thought I would get this thread locked and a knock on my door. If they try to take them I would only give them my ammo, I would even save them the troble of comeing and getting it I would send it to them. Right through the barrel of my rifle. If they wanted my guns they would have to pry them out of my cold lifeless hands.

-FOX-

Might as well post this here too.

IBLT
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why is it bad? curious.

Here's No.4 of the board conduct codes.
4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any living person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.

There are others as well.  But I wanted to get my reply in quickly...Not a flame we just need to not look all militant and crap...
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#5]
So i can't ask if people would just sit around and let it happen.
Hell MM is out there marching.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:06:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Might as well say this to prevent lock.

By what I read this tread is not meant to instigate  the overthrow of the givernment just to see how many would should the time come.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So i can't ask if people would just sit around and let it happen.
Hell MM is out there marching.

Already posted in your defence man. ^^^
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why is it bad? curious.

4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any living person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.

There are others as well.  But I wanted to get my reply in quickly...Not a flame we just need to not look all militant and crap...

Is it illegal, to protest, honestly.
Jesus, I myself do not know what I would.
The muhahah was because I said banned, Nothing else sorry took it that way.
And I can think of a few evil things that don't involve killing,

And am not saying over throw the goverment, Hell they would have our guns, would be kind of hard,
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Uhhh.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I would do a lot more than protest.

I'd write letters, run for office to correct mistakes, meet personally with congressmen, donate to pro-gun groups, etc.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Not tellin'.  Especially on this thing called the WORLD WIDE web.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I would do a lot more than protest.

I'd write letters, run for office to correct mistakes, meet personally with congressmen, donate to pro-gun groups, etc.

See, some people know it doesn't mean grab your guns and start a firefight in the street.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:14:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

And am not saying over throw the goverment, Hell they would have our guns, would be kind of hard,

I wouldn't let them take em.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

See, some people know it doesn't mean grab your guns and start a firefight in the street.

Who said I would start a fire fight in the street. I would just sit on my couch and shoot every un-American sh!t that tried to take away my rights.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
For instance there are 50,000 members on arfcom. Rule out the trolls and non-gunowners and lets say we get 40,000 17 heavily armed Americans.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:18:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
For instance there are 50,000 members on arfcom. Rule out the trolls and non-gunowners and lets say we get 40,000 17 heavily armed Americans.

17? try 17,000,000
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#17]
At that point the true gov't of the United States of America would cease to be in power. And all bets would be off.

I doubt many in the military would take kindly to the idea and as for me I plan on fighting as long as I can walk, see and shoot.

Fuck 'em. We're the ones with the guns  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:23:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
At that point the true gov't of the United States of America would cease to be in power. And all bets would be off.

I doubt many in the military would take kindly to the idea and as for me I plan on fighting as long as I can walk, see and shoot.

Fuck 'em. We're the ones with the guns  

Walk? Put me up on a hill with a rifle.
See? Give my a full auto. I will kill by sound.
Shoot? Give me a sword.
Breath? I will figt until I pass out from lack of air.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#19]
People say only Anti-Americans would think of revolting.

I say only Anti-American would try to take away our rights. I would only be revolting agenst the Anti-Americans. And that is the most American thin g you can do.

I told this to somebody who was saying something anti-gun. Do you know what he said to me. I think the heat got to your head dude.

Its ok if people think I'm crazy because I know what I beleive in.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I would move to some desolate island in the pacific if it came to an outright ban.

Theres not enough people willing to start a revolution over gun rights. There just aren't.
Plus, yeah maybe theres a few ex mil people with unregistered machine guns, but so what?  The military has tanks, howitzers, attack helicopters, stealth fighters, laser cannons, smart bombs, and a worldwide global sattelite(sp?) surveillance network. Not to mention their advantage in numbers, training, and popular support.

I would protest publicly, but make quiet preparations to move to an island in the pacific, taking my guns with me.  Or maybe we coula all just take over canada. they don't have any guns...
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:33:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I would move to some desolate island in the pacific if it came to an outright ban.

Theres not enough people willing to start a revolution over gun rights. There just aren't.
Plus, yeah maybe theres a few ex mil people with unregistered machine guns, but so what?  The military has tanks, howitzers, attack helicopters, stealth fighters, laser cannons, smart bombs, and a worldwide global sattelite(sp?) surveillance network. Not to mention their advantage in numbers, training, and popular support.

I would protest publicly, but make quiet preparations to move to an island in the pacific, taking my guns with me.  Or maybe we coula all just take over canada. they don't have any guns...

Yeah but gun-right guys would be armed anti-gun, well you get the point, hardy har har.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Holy shit! This is a gun site???
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You are under estimating our power. Do you know why the government hasn't done it yet? Its becaus ethey are scared.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:35:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why is it bad? curious.

"I will support and defend the Constitution of the United Statees against all enemies, foriegn and DOMESTIC...."

Sounds like the question is "Will you live up to your oath?" Doesn't seem outside the CoC to me....
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why is it bad? curious.

"I will support and defend the Constitution of the United Statees against all enemies, foriegn and DOMESTIC...."

Sounds like the question is "Will you live up to your oath?" Doesn't seem outside the CoC to me....

+1 see I don't feel I was in the wrong, and some of you wanted this locked at the start,tsk tsk.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#26]
When I Pledge Allegence I don't pledge to an official, I pledge the country...
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#27]
boating accident
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
boating accident

I think you posted in the wrong thread? What?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes, the founders EXPECTED the people to pverthrow the government if it ever became tyrannical.
HOWEVER, at the time of the writing of the consitution, the people had comparable military hardware.  Hell, if the congress had tried to enact a federal income tax back then, their would have been another revolution. there certainly would have been one if it ever got above 5%.

And no, the reason they haven't banned guns outright yet, is because there are currently enough people who don't really care much about guns in themselves, but would still be upset over such a blatant attack on the constitution.  Not to mention that 1 in 4 americans are gun owners.  It probably wouldn't result in violent revolution, but there would be scores of liberals voted out of office in the next election.  They're afraid of the political repercussions.

Thats why they've taken a slower approach.  Divide the gun owners by promising one group you won't ban theirs if they support you in banning another's. 1 by 1 etc down they go, until the only group left can only own a single shotgun by special permit and must submit to an anal probe to buy ammo.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:48:15 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
If every one said "no, no more. I'm not going to take your shit anymore. Either give us what we want or we will take it." If every American stood up. We couldn't be stoped. For instance there are 50,000 members on arfcom. Rule out the trolls and non-gunowners and lets say we get 40,000. 40,000 heavily armed Americans. Do you know how powerful we would be? We could take the government. Now you factor in all of the ex-military phycos that live in houses surroune by class 3 guns and explosives. You would have a force so strong we could take over the country. If I had the chance would I overthrow the government? If I said what I really thought I would get this thread locked and a knock on my door. If they try to take them I would only give them my ammo, I would even save them the troble of comeing and getting it I would send it to them. Right through the barrel of my rifle. If they wanted my guns they would have to pry them out of my cold lifeless hands.

-FOX-

IBLT

There would be no knock on your door, just the sound of it flying off its hinges followed by gunshots and then by "Freeze Motherfucker!"

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#32]
I agree with TimJ.  

One thing always struck me about the usual arguments around the phrase "overthrow of the government" and all the implications on all sides.  It cannot be an absolute "no".  Consider a legally elected government which turns out to be one of the most reprehensible in thousands of years?  Germany, 1932.  Adolph Hitler, Rudolph Hess and a whole bunch of henchmen came to office as a result of a free and fair election, as honest as any and, frankly, more honest than most.  The Constitution under which it was elected was quite liberal, some would say on the weak side.  Yet, look what happened.  It can happen anywhere give the right pre-conditions.  We would have held in high esteem anyone who would have participated in its overthrow.  Some who tried are unheralded, but known and acknowledged as heroes, if only quietly.  So, an overthrow is not something one can always say is bad.  In the real world, one must say, "It depends."  Some will immediately jump to say, "but not here."  I'm sure many Germans laughed at the "Voelkischer Beobachter" or "Die Angriff" and said the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:52:46 PM EDT
[#33]
[Costanza] The sea was angry that day, my friend, like an old man trying to return soup at at deli.[/Costanza]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

-FOX-

IBLT

40,000 heavily armed Americans.

After we conferred with each other on what best action to take, we'd argue about whether we're fighting for only white republicans or what and 5,000 would leave.  The rest would argue about which religion is best and 10,000 would leave pissed off.  The rest would agree on action but 20,000 would be too chicken to show up.  Of the rest, 4,000 of their wives would not allow them to go out and they'd be too pussy to go.  Of the last 1000 one third would bring Wolf ammo and would get their asses kicked by the rest.  All but about 10 of those left would swear to "do something, if the government tries ONE MORE THING!!!".  The 10 left will go kick some ass but would eventually be all killed and would be referred to in the media as those "psycho militia terrorist guys."

Just kidding (sort of)
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Feed the hogs.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:51:34 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I agree with TimJ.  

One thing always struck me about the usual arguments around the phrase "overthrow of the government" and all the implications on all sides.  It cannot be an absolute "no".  Consider a legally elected government which turns out to be one of the most reprehensible in thousands of years?  Germany, 1932.  Adolph Hitler, Rudolph Hess and a whole bunch of henchmen came to office as a result of a free and fair election, as honest as any and, frankly, more honest than most.  The Constitution under which it was elected was quite liberal, some would say on the weak side.  Yet, look what happened.  It can happen anywhere give the right pre-conditions.  We would have held in high esteem anyone who would have participated in its overthrow.  Some who tried are unheralded, but known and acknowledged as heroes, if only quietly.  So, an overthrow is not something one can always say is bad.  In the real world, one must say, "It depends."  Some will immediately jump to say, "but not here."  I'm sure many Germans laughed at the "Voelkischer Beobachter" or "Die Angriff" and said the same thing.

Well said.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#37]
I would have a naked protest!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:53:33 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-FOX-

IBLT

40,000 heavily armed Americans.

After we conferred with each other on what best action to take, we'd argue about whether we're fighting for only white republicans or what and 5,000 would leave.  The rest would argue about which religion is best and 10,000 would leave pissed off.  The rest would agree on action but 20,000 would be too chicken to show up.  Of the rest, 4,000 of their wives would not allow them to go out and they'd be too pussy to go.  Of the last 1000 one third would bring Wolf ammo and would get their asses kicked by the rest.  All but about 10 of those left would swear to "do something, if the government tries ONE MORE THING!!!".  The 10 left will go kick some ass but would eventually be all killed and would be referred to in the media as those "psycho militia terrorist guys."

Just kidding (sort of)

Well I would be one of those ten. Hopefully it will be an nsperation to other. If not, they can only pray to government dosen't want to do away with all rights.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-FOX-

IBLT

There would be no knock on your door, just the sound of it flying off its hinges followed by gunshots and then by "Freeze Motherfucker!" And then the sound of me raking my shotgun.

Why would they blow down my door? I said "if" they tried I would. Not I was going to.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

-FOX-

IBLT

No offense fox, but its shit like this is why a lot of Americans are afraid of gunowners.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:10:05 PM EDT
[#41]
I would VOTE in the election for change...and help destroy the political careers of the lawmakers.  Violence is not needed.  Strong candidates are!

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
When I Pledge Allegence I don't pledge to the government, I pledge to the constutution.

Who's team are you on???

I pledge allegence to the Flag, of the United States of America, AND to the Republic for which it stands...

hmmm... no reference to the constitution in there, unless there's a side bar aboot her ensign???
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I would VOTE in the election for change...and help destroy the political careers of the lawmakers.  Violence is not needed.  Strong candidates are!

The tree of Liberty must be fed with the little paper chads from ballots, from time to time???
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#44]
I have a feeling that if the worst happened, life on the planet as we know it would be over anyway.

Enough of this doom day shit
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
When I Pledge Allegence I don't pledge to the government, I pledge to the constutution.

Who's team are you on???

I pledge allegence to the Flag, of the United States of America, AND to the Republic for which it stands...

hmmm... no reference to the constitution in there, unless there's a side bar aboot her ensign???

What I meant was, I pledge my allegence to the country not the scumbags that run it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#46]
War is coming to the US.  It's just a matter of time.  There is little you can do to stop it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
War is coming to the US.  It's just a matter of time.  There is little you can do to stop it.

YAWN!!!

War is coming??? It never left!!

The Mexicans never stopped shooting at us.  There are frequent incursions onto soverign United States soil by Mexican Army Regulars but nobody seems to notice or care.

OOOHHH!!! Friends is back on... got to go!!!  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

No offense fox, but its shit like this is why a lot of Americans are afraid of gunowners.

You should fear me, you should fear what will happen if my rights are taken away.

Why should my rights be taken away if I've done nothing? Why should we all be punished for the acts of an individual? Why take away "evil" guns? Why not just have a more thorough screening of buyers?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:10:24 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should fear me, you should fear what will happen if my rights are taken away.

Why should my rights be taken away if I've done nothing? Why should we all be punished for the acts of an individual? Why take away "evil" guns? Why not just have a more thorough screening of buyers?

Agreed , but extremist language this early on is often dealt with extreme predjudice later. Vote for the right official to keep your rights.  Americans should not fear you nor your weapons, what they fear is an idiot with a firearm. Do all you can not to portray yourself as that idiot.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why is it bad? curious.

So, everybody's a moderator now?  Why is this bad, but all the posts about seeing Senator (Kerry, Clinton, etc...)'s head explode is OK?

My answer to the original question would be directly related to my stockpiling guns and ammo.  Time to feed the hogs.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top