Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 2:56:44 PM EDT
Anybody have info on how much a Staff Sarge for a call-up reserve unit in iraqi would make monthly.  He has been in the army for atleast 4 years active and 6 years reserve.  I got a cousin that is one and was just wondering.  I don't know if he would be getting hazard pay since he fixes tanks
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#1]

An E-6 with 10 years service will make $2596.20 base pay, monthly.  This does not include Basic Allowance for Housing, Basic Allowance for Subsistence, Hazardous Duty pay, Family Separation Pay, or any other allowances or bonuses he would recieve.  Also, his pay will be tax free since he is stationed overseas.

I would guesstimate that he will clear something like $4,000 monthly, but I don't know if he has any dependents or not, or any other circumstances.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:19:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
An E-6 with 10 years service will make $2596.20 base pay, monthly.  This does not include Basic Allowance for Housing, Basic Allowance for Subsistence, Hazardous Duty pay, Family Separation Pay, or any other allowances or bonuses he would recieve.  Also, his pay will be tax free since he is stationed overseas.

I would guesstimate that he will clear something like $4,000 monthly, but I don't know if he has any dependents or not, or any other circumstances.

Actually you are responsible for taxes... Imagine my suprise when I returned to Wisconsin after three years to a tax summons.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#6]
The correct answer is.... not near enough.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#7]
what Bullshit, to tax military. Thats sad
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Man that's honest truth.

Quoted:
The correct answer is.... not near enough.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#9]
shit
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The pay would be tax free, but not because he is overseas, you are not taxed anytime you are entitled to immenant danger pay or "combat pay" this pay is normally authorized for all soldiers all soldiers who serve in a specific theater, I would imagine all serving in Iraq would be getting it, as well as Kuwait and Saudi.

That is not exactly the case, I received "Imminent Danger" pay on a rotation through Honduras in the early 90's, and it was taxed.  I thought Congress had to approve the tax-free pay status?(don't know for sure, but I think I remember some such thing in GW1?)
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:21:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Actually you are responsible for taxes... Imagine my suprise when I returned to Wisconsin after three years to a tax summons.

can ya give me some details on this? I am a wisconsin resident, and currently in a "tax free" zone. According to our finance office, as long as i'm here I'm tax free. They don't take it out of my check. State or federal.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:44:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Direct links are better friends...

Defense Finance and Accounting Service = DFAS
www.dfas.mil/

Complete Active Duty and Reserve Monthly Drill Pay Tables (including Special Pay, BAS, and BAHII)
www.dfas.mil/money/milpay/pay/2004paytable.pdf

Quoted:
Anybody have info on how much a Staff Sarge for a call-up reserve unit in iraqi would make monthly.  He has been in the army for atleast 4 years active and 6 years reserve.  I got a cousin that is one and was just wondering.  I don't know if he would be getting hazard pay since he fixes tanks

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:42:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks so much for all your information.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top