Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:02:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Geez, it's been soooo long since I've been to Bragg. I passed through with the wife on the way to Kill Devil Hills. Looked around in the Division area a bit and went on our way.
So many great and not so great times.

H Minus
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:07:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My high-speed/low drag story--
There was some guy there (co-owner of the TIGER Valley Range) named John Tillman (his name is everywhere, and not a secret).  He was shorter than me (I'm 5' 10"), very quiet, chewed tobacco, and seemed like just a regular guy--nothing special, just a quiet guy.  He said, "Come on, I'll help you."  I balked, saying I'd never be able to hit the target.  He said, "I've got you covered."
Recently I saw his partner (Maduce here) post in the Gunstock forum that he is serving in Iraq.  Best wishes, Mr. Tillman--thank you for your service to the Country, and for having patience with my sorry ass.  God bless you.  

Excellent post/story TBK1. There is no more admirable thing in a man than character. The good guys are out there.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wrong. I'm like high speed badass in a bottle. A package of explosives. Nam wasnt nothing for me.
Heres a little video of me and the fellas out practicing our tactics. Clearly, we are the elite of the elite.

Video

WTF did I just watch
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#4]
82ndAbn,

Thanks for saying "use to be" and not "has been".  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah I live on Ardennes, right next to HHC brigade
its Ardennes & Campobello.

Several years ago, some of the good folks from 1/17 used to live right next to my units barracks on Smoke Bomb Hill.

Well I was HHC Brigade when I came here. I just got switched to cav since we're (cav) deploying toward the end of the year.
Since we're all the same Brigade, they just left me in the HHC barracks. Cav's barracks are only 2 bldgs away from ours tho, closer to Gruber. They must have moved them around a bit.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:40:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Johnwayne777,

So you have met Colonel Chandler? He really is a great guy and so is his son Norm Jr, I am proud to own their rifles and call them friends. What great people, honest as the day is long.

Have you met Reifinger? Or McMillan? Great guys with some great stories to tell. Reifinger is one seriously been there done that guy. He has told me some hair raising stories, and some pretty funny ones too.

Dram out!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Johnwayne777,

So you have met Colonel Chandler? He really is a great guy and so is his son Norm Jr, I am proud to own their rifles and call them friends. What great people, honest as the day is long.

Have you met Reifinger? Or McMillan? Great guys with some great stories to tell. Reifinger is one seriously been there done that guy. He has told me some hair raising stories, and some pretty funny ones too.

Dram out!

I think the point of the topic is that no one currently in the service is on an internet board talking smack.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:36:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Johnwayne777,

Dram out!

Yup. Chandler is a pretty good guy. Oddly enough, when I first ran into him I had no idea who he was. He looked like an electrician.

Same with Jerry Barnhart. I just about knocked his skinny rear end over in the chow line one morning without having a clue who he was. He drives the biggest SUV on the planet....
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Johnwayne777,

Dram out!

I think the point of the topic is that no one currently in the service is on an internet board talking smack.

They hang out sometimes, they just don't talk a lot of smack.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Not too long ago we had a member who was a current active duty Special Forces commissioned officer. He has over 500 posts.

I know he was legit. He is a neighbor of my Dad, a retired Marine who lives in Pineland.

He quit posting here after the “special forces look like gang members”  thread during the campaign in Afghanistan.

Our loss.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:11:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I burned Poop in cut-down 55gal drums during the war! (and I have pictures to prove it)....

OMFG!!!! YOU'RE TOM CRUISE???
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:18:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#15]

The guy looked more like Opie Taylor if Opie had hit the weights a little more. If he was more than 160 pounds then I am a gorilla. Then I got to meet Herschel Davis and various other SF guys (PJ's, Rangers) and various SWAT guys. (Oddly enough some of the guys in most dire need of weapons help were SWAT guys. One fellow at my last class had just been put on the team and had a brand new weapon he had never fired. He got better with our help...=)

Was his name Danny by any chance? If so, not only was he a SEAL, he was selected for the original SEAL team six by Marchenko.
If its the guy I know he trains Air Marshals now, but thats him to a tee.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:21:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah... back when I was in the 75th... right before I washed out of RIP... I did some pretty shitty details... I mean, high speed details

Now I'm in the 82nd.  I'm not some high speed super grunt... just another 11b whos been in division for all of two weeks
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#17]
My LES is signed by the DoD, and I am part of a super secret govt. group code named the "Grinder Monkeys".

No shit.  

Well, we ain't exactly secret, but the rest is true.  Well, then again that isn't really our code name...but it is our nic-name.....but honestly the rest is true.  No shitting.

Chris
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top