Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 10:09:06 AM EDT
I'm watching the Basketball game, and the US is getting their ASS kicked by Argentina.  Down by 16 in 3rd Q.....Not a pretty sight.

ETA:  Start of 4Q, US down by 13......looks like it's lights out for teh US in hoops...Hello Bronze, Maybe...

ETA: Thats the ball game....I have to LMAO, Richard Jefferson just got dunked on, w/ 4 secnds left, and picked up the foul. I'll tell yah, Argentina schoooooled 'em.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#1]
It was supposed to be on NBC, but it isn't on???
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:24:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I'm getting it on Canadian Broadcasting. Your not missing much, trust me!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:27:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

It's on my NBC channel - but I'm watching the soccer on MSNBC instead.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's on my NBC channel - but I'm watching the soccer on MSNBC instead.

Who's playing and whats the score man!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:41:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#7]
ROFL has the US basketball team won any games in the Olympics this year? WTF.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I will be really impressed if they even get a bronze medal.  It is really sad.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I hope those overpaid, under motivated "me me me" babies get their asses handed to them by all the teams they play. I like to see the USA win Gold, and watch a lot of the events, but those upstart pricks need to learn some lessons (and they are), and I would rather see those spoiled brats get their come-uppances. I feel sorry for Larry Brown....he got stuck with a bunch of knuckleheads. The guys who aren't lazy and are motivated can't carry the rest of them.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:11:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I hope those overpaid, under motivated "me me me" babies get their asses handed to them by all the teams they play. I like to see the USA win Gold, and watch a lot of the events, but those upstart pricks need to learn some lessons (and they are), and I would rather see those spoiled brats get their come-uppances. I feel sorry for Larry Brown....he got stuck with a bunch of knuckleheads. The guys who aren't lazy and are motivated can't carry the rest of them.

I can say for a damn sure fact that at least one player on that team takes this very seriously and is very motivated, Dwyane Wade.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

this "team" was destined to fail. a "team" has specific pieces that fit together. this "team" had one legit post player who isn't even a center (Duncan) and absolutely ZERO perimeter shooters. if we had had just ONE sharpshooter (Ray Allen, for example), Duncan wouldn't have been double and triple teamed, there wouldn't have been as much sucked-in zone defense that clogged the lane, and it would have been a totally different ballgame.

but to directly respond to your hoping we lose because the team consists of "overpaid, under-motivated me-me-me babies", that's just sad. of all the guys playing, only Duncan and maybe iverson would have gotten significant playing time if all the other punks that opted out had played. these guys got off their asses and went over there when the other overpaid, under-motivated me-me-me babies wouldn't. any fingers should be pointed right at them.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:33:33 AM EDT
[#13]

boohoo
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Maybe next time we can pick a team that can sort of play together and one in which each individual doesn't think they are the second coming of Michael freaking Jordan!

It's a good thing they had Larry Brown as a coach, otherwise they likely wouldn't have won a single game. They just stunk! Those guys couldn't even handle the fundamentals. I suppose that's due in large to the showboating stuff that's dominating the NBA. I never saw so much walking, goofy turnovers, fouling and general sloppiness. As if that wasn't bad enough, they just seemed to have no motivation at all today.

And instead of blaming themselves, I'm sure this bunch will blame everyone else.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:40:58 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 I am especially ashamed to have former FELONS on the team.

+2
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm watching the Basketball game, and the US is getting their ASS kicked by Argentina.  Down by 16 in 3rd Q.....Not a pretty sight.

ETA:  Start of 4Q, US down by 13......looks like it's lights out for teh US in hoops...Hello Bronze, Maybe...

The Creamed Team strikes again.

Or maybe The "Bling-Team"

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040827/capt.olybk014708271900.greece_olympics_basketball_olybk0147.jpg
boohoo

THAT is what's representing our country?

We deserve to lose for putting our worst cultural foot forward. Maybe next time we can get REAL gang members....
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Larry Brown convinced the WORLD CHAMPION PISTONS that in order to win, defense is VERY important. Apparently, the current "dream team" could not quite grasp that concept. I think this team has the necessary talent to win, even without the babies who did not want to go, but perhaps the hardest part of the winning mind-set is motivation, and not all of the current olympic team members seemed motivated, ala Ben Wallace, Chauncy Billups,Richard Hamilton etc. This was evident during their first loss, and throughout this fubar'd fiasco thus far. Also, as pointed out by the announcers, the other countries have figured out how to defend against American teams, which was formerly unheard of, which is why it USED to be a cakewalk for USA to beat the crap out of almost all of its opponents. Add to this the experience many other countries have gained(remember, basketball was not a big deal to many countries) until the past 3-4 olympics, and it demonstrates how popular the sport has become to them since.

Besides, if the USA is going to sit there and cry about the guys who didn't show up, they may as well not even play...just throw in the towel, sight see, take the free condoms and go party!

Just one guy's opinion.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#19]
stick to watching volleyball. Know what I mean?

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:55:34 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
stick to watching volleyball. Know what I mean?

img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/redfisher19/volleyballgames.jpg

"BEACH BUNS BONANZA" knowwhadimean vern?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top