BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 9:42:12 AM EDT
Bronze medal game.

ETA - ooops.  Italy just scored.  1-0 to italy
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#1]
How IRONIC is it that Italy is playing Iraq in soccer today, and an Italian hostage was apparently executed in Iraq yesterday.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Give us bronze or we eat more hostages!!!

Iraq - Send more tourists!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:58:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm really surprised at the low crowd turnout??? Whats up with that????
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:59:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Even if the Iraqis won Gold...the soccer moms/Demos could care less about freeing that country or the sadistic way the olympic soccer team members were treated by the "butcher's boys". They hate Bush so much, they are not about to praise him for making the decision to liberate Iraq. Demo hate supercedes common sense.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:00:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Go Italy!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#6]
GO IRAQ!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:19:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I just discovered the best way to watch soccer.

Turn off the volume on the tv and crank up some loud assed guitar playing by Jimi Hendrix!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:23:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Most of the events at the Olympics have had really low turnout, with mostly empty stadiums.  

It's the one blemish on these olympics - I think the organizers priced the tickets way too high, or - because Greece is a small country - there just aren't enough spectators to go around, or maybe not enough good hotesl in town or something??  I dunno.

But I agree with you - it's been extremely noticable.  Even at final (gold medal events) there have been half-empty stadiums.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:51:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
GO IRAQ!!!!!!

Unfournately, I was for Iraq till the players and coach started calling the US in Iraq an "occupational force".

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most of the events at the Olympics have had really low turnout, with mostly empty stadiums.  

It's the one blemish on these olympics - I think the organizers priced the tickets way too high, or - because Greece is a small country - there just aren't enough spectators to go around, or maybe not enough good hotesl in town or something??  I dunno.

But I agree with you - it's been extremely noticable.  Even at final (gold medal events) there have been half-empty stadiums.  

Didn't seem to stop the Greeks last night from filling the stadium to watch/boo the 200m men's final, then directing it at the Americans for supposedly getting their guy kicked out for missing his drug test.

What the hell was up with that.

Oh well, we swept it anyway.

go iraq.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:01:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
GO IRAQ!!!!!!

Unfournately, I was for Iraq till the players and coach started calling the US in Iraq an "occupational force".

Is there not any truth in that statement?  They ARE officially their own country now.  To a man, I bet everyone of them would say that they are better off than they were before.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:18:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually all the tourist have found out the meaning of "Greek" sex.

There off doing that.

We should be getting a huge influx of pics once the games are over.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
GO IRAQ!!!!!!

Is there not any truth in that statement?  They ARE officially their own country now.  To a man, I bet everyone of them would say that they are better off than they were before.

Without that "occupational" force, they wouldn't be their own country.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#15]
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1093299011358&call_pageid=968332188854&col=968350060724

THESSALONIKI, Greece—Saying their "occupied" country should not be held up as a symbol of freedom, the coach and several players of Iraq's celebrated soccer team are furious over a campaign commercial for U.S. President George W. Bush.

In the commercial, the flags of Iraq and Afghanistan appear as a narrator says: "At this Olympics there will be two more free nations — and two fewer terrorist regimes."

Team coach Adnan Hamad told reporters yesterday: "We don't wish for the presence of the Americans in our country. We want them to go away ... You cannot speak about a team that represents freedom. We do not have freedom in Iraq, we have an occupying force."

Star player Ahmed Manajid asked: "How will (Bush) meet his god having slaughtered so many men and women? He has committed so many crimes."

Manajid said if he was not playing soccer "for sure" he would be home in Falluja — a hotbed of resistance to the U.S.-led occupation — fighting American soldiers.

A Bush spokesman said: "The ad simply talks about President Bush's optimism and how democracy has triumphed over terror. Twenty-five million people in Iraq are free as a result of the actions of the coalition."

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Anyway ....

,,, looks liek italy is going to win.  Time is almost up, and it's still 1-0 italy

ETA: Yup - game over.  Italy got the bronze medal.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:14:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't seem to stop the Greeks last night from filling the stadium to watch/boo the 200m men's final, then directing it at the Americans for supposedly getting their guy kicked out for missing his drug test.

What the hell was up with that.

Oh well, we swept it anyway.

go iraq.

That was one of the best moments in sports in my opinion. I was glued to the tube watching them delay the start because the crowd wouldn't stop jeering our runners. What did they get??? USA 1-2-3 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1093299011358&call_pageid=968332188854&col=968350060724

THESSALONIKI, Greece—Saying their "occupied" country should not be held up as a symbol of freedom, the coach and several players of Iraq's celebrated soccer team are furious over a campaign commercial for U.S. President George W. Bush.

In the commercial, the flags of Iraq and Afghanistan appear as a narrator says: "At this Olympics there will be two more free nations — and two fewer terrorist regimes."

Team coach Adnan Hamad told reporters yesterday: "We don't wish for the presence of the Americans in our country. We want them to go away ... You cannot speak about a team that represents freedom. We do not have freedom in Iraq, we have an occupying force."

Star player Ahmed Manajid asked: "How will (Bush) meet his god having slaughtered so many men and women? He has committed so many crimes."

Manajid said if he was not playing soccer "for sure" he would be home in Falluja — a hotbed of resistance to the U.S.-led occupation — fighting American soldiers.

A Bush spokesman said: "The ad simply talks about President Bush's optimism and how democracy has triumphed over terror. Twenty-five million people in Iraq are free as a result of the actions of the coalition."

What short memories regarding torture-mistreatment when they lost at the hands of the butcher's son.

Americans are evil, no matter what.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top