User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 4:02:56 PM EDT
why did it end?
how long did it last?
did you see it coming?
should you have?
could it have been made to work?
are you amazed it lasted as long as it did?
what did you do to try and save it?

blah blah blah, this doesn't hurt your wallet so let us virgins in on all the shit associated with such...............probably good therapy anyway, if not just go get some beer
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#2]

I filed after she dissapeard for a weekend without telling anyone. I was extermly freaking out and worried. I called police and filed missing persons report. She told me she was going to a friends house, but that friend said she never got there. So of course I was scared as hell that she had been kidnapped. I was calling her cell and leaving messages until the voicemail got full, so then I stared to erase her message I had previously left (because I knew her code) so I could leave new ones. When i was doing that I heard this, "Hey Mrs. EagleArmsHBAR, this is Name and I met you at Bar last night and had a great time. Just wanted to see if you want to hang out again tonight." When I heard that I went from being worried to down right pissed. When she arried home several days later her stuff was packed up for her.

From my other thread http://www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=258343

It lasted 5 years
I suspected it was coming
never could have worked after what she did to me
I was not really surprised it lasted as long as it did cause I always tried to make it work
Tried to save it many times when she went crazy, and I finally gave up on her
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:54:12 PM EDT
[#3]
why did it end? It became too tiring to deal with her BS.

how long did it last? 6.5 years

did you see it coming? Yes.

should you have? HELL yes.

could it have been made to work? I doubt it. Only one of us (me) wanted it to.

are you amazed it lasted as long as it did? HELL yes.

what did you do to try and save it? Everything short of suicide, and even that, almost.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
YOUR failed marriage

which one?

why did it end?

she wanted more money.

how long did it last?

the first one...23 months.

did you see it coming?

nope. i was too busy having fun.

should you have?

dunno. don't care.

no. it takes two to tango.

no. time flies when you are having fun.

not a damn thing other than start dating a redhead. that didn't work.

oh well.

Sounds vaguely familiar!  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:57:38 PM EDT
[#5]
She fucked somebody else and yes I saw it coming.
Tried to save it, didnt work.
I got the house and the cat. Bitch was stupid. Her best friend took the guy from her.
Karma is a bitch.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#6]
You don't even want to know...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
YOUR failed marriage

which one?

why did it end?

she wanted more money.

how long did it last?

the first one...23 months.

did you see it coming?

nope. i was too busy having fun.

should you have?

dunno. don't care.

no. it takes two to tango.

no. time flies when you are having fun.

not a damn thing other than start dating a redhead. that didn't work.

oh well.

Sounds vaguely familiar!  

[LOL2] WOW U2 eeh?.......married less than 18months here w/a redhead.....but I strangely still seek them out......MARRIAGE should be a written contract between 2 parties and NO I'll never do it again unless shes got buko bucks, I'd kind'a like playing the bitch this time round.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
why did it end?

The relationship had degenerated to that of bad roommates after only a year.  It got to the point of literally months between sex.  I was miserable because I was unwilling to cheat on her, so I bailed to look for something fulfilling.

how long did it last?

I stuck with it for 6 long years.

did you see it coming?

Yep, it "came up" fairly often and more than once I told her that if things didn't change, I was outta there.

That depends on your definition of "work".  We certainly could've stayed bad roommates, but that's not my idea of marriage.  I'm much happier single than I was after our first year and I still believe I can find the ideal marriage.

Not amazed, regretful.  Life is too short and I stuck with it for too long.

Marriage counseling about 14 months in.  I went to the guy with an open mind, but after he told her that my sexual urges were not her problem, I walked out of his office and never went back.  Some marriage counselor...he had just sealed the deal on our split.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#10]
why did it end?
she fucked her supervisor
how long did it last?
~12yrs.
did you see it coming?
no
should you have?
no
with kids sometimes you try the extreme
no
too much, glad I got over it - very fucking glad!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#11]
why did it end? She was jealous of my computers, a spendy wench, nuts, and oh yeah had a kid that demanded that she sleep with it instead.

how long did it last? a year

did you see it coming? kinda, knew it was time when she started deleting names out of my phone.

should you have? yeah she was nuts.

could it have been made to work? Nope, she drove me into the arms of another friskier woman.

are you amazed it lasted as long as it did? yup

what did you do to try and save it? Nothing, any woman who does not like computers does not need to be around me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
too much, glad I got over it - very fucking glad!

Same here.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
why did it end?
We both where committing adultery . I fell in love with my mistress and when she became pregnant I decided once and for all nothing that my wife tries to hold over me will keep me from being with the person I truly loved .
how long did it last?
On paper it lasted about six years .
did you see it coming?
Well her comeing home from Cuba with a VDmade it kind of a given she was a whore .
should you have?
Oh I saw it , but I liked the not being poor , and I thought I could deal with it her being a whore ,and abuseive . I was wrong
If I kept her chained in the closet so she couldn't fuck any man, woman ,or animal that had a pulse ? Maybe.
Yes actually . I should have walked the day she got a bad pap.
Kept my mouth shut and kept it in my pants until the second time I caught her whoreing around . Protected her from the USCG when she was stealing GI property , and commiting adultry, and useing LSD , and kicking my handicapped mother down a flight of stairs , and......

blah blah blah, this doesn't hurt your wallet so let us virgins in on all the shit associated with such...............probably good therapy anyway, if not just go get some beer

Fuck it . We have been divorced for years . She is still trying to fuck with me because wehave a daughter together , but I even though I might not have all of the money I had , and I put up with a whole bunch of shit regarding my daugher , I still came out ahead .
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:01:40 PM EDT
[#14]
for you sexless marriage guys.........................

was it like that way to start or did she continually regress into asexuality?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#16]
And once again Arfcom helps convince me that I have NO desire to EVER get married.

I should save links to all of these divorce threads - and if I ever start getting the nesting urge - I can just start reading them again!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

why did it end?
-- Both in the military we were together 11 months out of 3+ years.

how long did it last?
-- 3 Years and 6 months

did you see it coming?
-- Sure

should you have?
--

-- Not without one of us giving up their career.

-- No, we were both independent people

-- Talked to detailer about coolocation - no joy

Divorce was mutually agreed upon, cost was split and we both are still best friends.
Reading about all the other divorces here on ARFCOM, I have the sudden urge to fly up to my woman, fall down on my knees and thank her for being such a great ExWife.

Fritz
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#18]
1- I didn't get out when I had the chance.
2- too much pride, I didn't want to be a failure... I failed, I was a failure for not doing what's right.
3- you can take the woman out of a white-trash zone, but you can't take the white trash out of them.
4- the longer you stay in a marraige thats not working, the more it will cost you!

I've learned alot from my experince, I'm very choosy and intolerant of stupid crap. (I'll drop bad womenz like a hessie receiver)

THINK about what you're doing, a piece of pie isn't worth the stupid shit we men do.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Wise words from Red_5!

+1
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
for you sexless marriage guys.........................

was it like that way to start or did she continually regress into asexuality?

Started out OK, the first year. Then started sliding downhill. The fifth year was once every six months.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:41:07 PM EDT
[#22]
<--- Goes to get beer(s)x12+ 44

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Which one you want to talk about - there's been three.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Ok...(head hung low)not proud of it,  but it if stops someone else from the same mistake....

why did it end? I drank too much
how long did it last? 14yrs
did you see it coming? yes
should you have?yes
could it have been made to work? Maybe if I quit drinking sooner
are you amazed it lasted as long as it did?In retrospect, I'd have kicked my butt our a lot sooner
what did you do to try and save it?Don't remember. Probably got drunk.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:48:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:54:17 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
And once again Arfcom helps convince me that I have NO desire to EVER get married.

I should save links to all of these divorce threads - and if I ever start getting the nesting urge - I can just start reading them again!

LOL....i thought the same way up until a few months ago.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:03:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:11:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL....i thought the same way up until a few months ago.

NOOOOOOOoooooooooo..........

have no fear there airborne, i didnt say i was getting married....just comfortably dating a girl ive know the majority of both of our lives....its very "comfortable"
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:55:30 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
why did it end? <snip>

Fuck it . We have been divorced for years . She is still trying to fuck with me because wehave a daughter together , but I even though I might not have all of the money I had , and I put up with a whole bunch of shit regarding my daugher , I still came out ahead .

I had two boys with my nutzo - "the boys are a string I can ALWAYS pull you by!" Boys now 22 and soon 20, I refuse to talk with her now OR accept her calls - once the younger turns 21!!! I was / am as involved with my boys as much as they will let me. They don't know how lucky they really are. Maybe some day before I am dead they will know that.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:34:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:09:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Its good to hear it from both sides of the fence.....It helps!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:31:26 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

why did it end?

She screwed someone else.

how long did it last?

4 grueling years and 4 years before the marriage.

did you see it coming?

No.

should you have?

Yes but we had just bought a house and I figured things were better than they were.

I think it could if she actually gave us a chance to make it better. She's a quitter.

Honestly, no. I figured it would have lasted a lot longer.

I tried for almost 6 months to convince her to go to counceling (we have a little boy) she had ZERO interest. But, in retrospect, I'm happier now that it's over I see my son more (50/50 custody) and have a great girlfriend that likes guns!!!

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:38:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:21:34 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

One of the best ideas I have heard of.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:33:08 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One of the best ideas I have heard of.

Keep in mind there ARE marraiges that work.  We married in 1992, had some problems when wife found out she could not have kids, but are just fine now.  There are more upsets on the horizion,  (Wife's health problems)   But we'll get thru those too.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:41:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:11:13 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
why did it end?
how long did it last?
did you see it coming?
should you have?

She cheated on me. She met a guy over the internet, made up excuses to go meet him at a hotel in Tahoe. Actually new him about two hours before sucking him off. I'm still a little bitter. LOL! We were married for 17 years. Two beautiful kids who are now taking it remarkably well. I never suspected a thing, I trusted her. I guess that I should have seen it coming but I really did trust her. I tried individual and couples counseling. I moved out. I moved back in. I foolishly tried to make it work anyway that I possibly could. I didn't know or suspect it but she was lying to me and continued her online affair with the turd. She filed for divorce. We will be final on 9/11.

Oh well. She called me up a few weeks ago and said that she wants to try to get back together with me. As much as I want to do it, I told her no. Turns out that her "romance" with the asshole didn't quite work out the way she planned. She......caught him cheating!!! LMAO!!! Karma's a bitch!

Edited to add that I still believe that marriage is a great thing. I loved being married. I do not know if I will ever do it again though.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#39]

why did it end?
She was sleeping with someone at work (I assume that, she is married to him now). I was the degree husband, he is the house husband.

how long did it last? 4 years total of eight

did you see it coming? Nope, absolutely blind

should you have? No way

could it have been made to work? Nope, one weekend and it was OVER

are you amazed it lasted as long as it did? no I wanted forever

what did you do to try and save it? Nothing, I just got a new apartment THAT day and moved

I traded up!!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
why did it end?She started an affair with a client at her work

how long did it last?a little over eight years

did you see it coming?not at first

should you have?yes, she did the same thing to her first husband

could it have been made to work?not by then

are you amazed it lasted as long as it did?I am now

what did you do to try and save it?nothing, I filed paperwork three days after I confronted her

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Being married and divorced are just like being in the Military and Combat!!

Either you have been or you have not!!!

There is nothing anybody can tell you to prepare you for what you are about to experience,and no two peoples experience will be the same!!!

But we can post the same kind of feelings that we have experienced through it all!!

I've been married and divorced twice,and am still young(59) but really would hope that I never go through that again!!!

I feel like Grouco Marx any body that would really want me for a mate,I wouldn't want anything to do with!

Bob

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
why did it end?
how long did it last?
did you see it coming?
should you have?

I really don't know.

14yrs, & 2weeks.

I kinda saw it coming but I was still caught off gaurd.

I should have been more aware of the situation.

Yes it could have been, but she wouldn't let it.

I'm not amazed. I had planed to be married to her till I died, & I would never have left her, or cheated on her. To bad she can't say the same.h
I was in shock for the 1st 3 days or so, & then the tears started, now I'm doing all right most of the time. I cried the other night on the way to work when a country song about "There was this man, & there was this woman" came on & ruind my ride to work. Hard not to cry at some things. Random things set me off now, & I never know where I will be whipping my eyes, & nose.

It truly sucks big time, to be the one left behind.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#43]
why did it end?She moved out and in with her boyfriend rather than try to work things out

how long did it last?11 years 10 months too long

did you see it coming?knew something was up but didn't think she had a boyfriend

should you have?was too blinded by trying to do the right thing

could it have been made to work?not unless she got years of intense therapy

are you amazed it lasted as long as it did?do now

what did you do to try and save it?tried marriage counseling for the last 6 months, guess it made her decide to move in with her boyfriend

wganz

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
why did it end?
how long did it last?
did you see it coming?
should you have?

She cheated on me. She met a guy over the internet, made up excuses to go meet him at a hotel in Tahoe. Actually new him about two hours before sucking him off. I'm still a little bitter. LOL! We were married for 17 years. Two beautiful kids who are now taking it remarkably well. I never suspected a thing, I trusted her. I guess that I should have seen it coming but I really did trust her. I tried individual and couples counseling. I moved out. I moved back in. I foolishly tried to make it work anyway that I possibly could. I didn't know or suspect it but she was lying to me and continued her online affair with the turd. She filed for divorce. We will be final on 9/11.

Oh well. She called me up a few weeks ago and said that she wants to try to get back together with me. As much as I want to do it, I told her no. Turns out that her "romance" with the asshole didn't quite work out the way she planned. She......caught him cheating!!! LMAO!!! Karma's a bitch!

Edited to add that I still believe that marriage is a great thing. I loved being married. I do not know if I will ever do it again though.

I feel you pain totaly man. I' am there now.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
why did it end?
how long did it last?
did you see it coming?
should you have?

LIved with her for 2 years before getting married. She changed as soon as we got married.The marriage lasted a year One big issue was that I wasn't able to discipline her kids. I would tell them to do something and they would turn and ask her if they had to. She was 10 years older than I was, and although the gap wasn't something we always  thought about, there were times when it reared its head.

One issue was that I was husband number 4 for her. She went on to at least one more failed marriage, and as a friend told me afterwards, anyone who is on spouse number 4 isn't as likey to put as much effort into making things work as they might with spouse 1 or 2.
Once it was over, it was over. Split up and were better friends than spouses.

Marriage number two has had some problems, much of which has been related to her use of depo provera as a method of birth control. Lots of problems which have gone away since she went off the stuff.

In general because it is marriage 2 for both of us, we have put a LOT more effort into working out the problems that have cropped up as we mature and change as individuals  within a relationship

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:07:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top