Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 3:16:16 PM EDT
I've had trouble with my lumbar for the last three weeks but this morning I couldn't go on. The sawbonz saw me this morning and she put me on a six day steroid pack, Robaxin, Hydrocodone, and at night a muscle relaxer that knocks me out called Zanflex.

About 15 years ago I had a couple of surgeries performed in the lumbar area but still have trouble at least twice a year.

So sgtar15, I feel your pain. I know I'm alive because you can't hurt this bad and be dead.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Prayers sent and get better
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Get well man. Backs are not to be fucked around with so do as the doctors orders, no exception.

CH
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Pain Is Your Friend

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#4]
don't laugh but yoga is helpful, also not having a gut and lifting with your knees. Almost everyone with bad backs lift improperly
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Hope it eases off soon !  That cannon made a good avatar ! didn't it !
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:54:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Have you tried/looked into trigger point therapy?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:07:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Prayers sent from another back pain suffered. I am 'living' with two ruptured disc in the lumbar region. Have been getting epidural injections of steroids over the past 6 weeks (total of three injections - once every two weeks). It has helped take the pain away and I am more functional now, but still have horrible numbness down the back, butt, back of the thighs, around the knees, down the front of the shins, and across the tops of the feet.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top