Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 12:51:03 PM EDT
went to local sheriff today /n.c. I asked about signing for a suppressor for a p22 pistol ?
answer no    wait   . . .. . . . .. hell no . I was told the attorney general had told all to not issue any

also was told the county i live in has never signed

so i guess iam screwed.
I think in N.C. you can transfer a class 3 to a corporation is this true ?
if so does anyone no which would be better a s.corp or a llc.corp or has anyone else gone this route

thanks for any advise
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:52:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#2]
You will have to incorporate to get around the CLEO signoff. It makes Class III transfers quicker and easier in the long run.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#3]
so have they called your house and yelled at you yet?  happened to me.  i was going to go corp but the extra expense (for only a .223can) just wasn't worth it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#4]
There is no definition in the statute as to what "cleo" actually means.  You may try to get a friendly prosecutor to sign it, a local FBI agent,  or some other LEO-type official.  

Talk to your dealer, he should know some way around this or can recommend another dealer who knows.  

Don't give up too easily.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#5]
you can corp or set up a trust . trust is cheaper in the long run b/c a corp must be maintained  each year usually for $150 a year. not too mention you can have your firearms left to a family member in the event of your death.  that's my .02 cents.

J
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:22:06 PM EDT
[#6]
as always thanks alot for advice
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top