Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 10:04:06 AM EDT
Ah! Once again the Religion of Peace and Love proves it utterly ruthless credentials…

"Girl, 16, hanged in public in Iran        Fri. 20 Aug 2004

Iran Focus

On Sunday, August 15, a 16-year-old girl in the town of Neka, northern Iran, was executed. Ateqeh Sahaleh was hanged in public on Simetry Street off Rah Ahan Street at the city center.

The sentence was issued by the head of Neka’s Justice Department and subsequently upheld by the mullahs’ Supreme Court and carried out with the approval of Judiciary Chief Mahmoud Shahroudi.

In her summary trial, the teenage victim did not have any lawyer and efforts by her family to recruit a lawyer was to no avail. Ateqeh personally defended herself. She told the religious judge, Haji Rezaii, that he should punish the main perpetrators of moral corruption not the victims.

The judge personally pursued Ateqeh’s death sentence, beyond all normal procedures and finally gained the approval of the Supreme Court. After her execution Rezai said her punishment was not execution but he had her executed for her “sharp tongue”.

www.coxandforkum.com/

Andy
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:05:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I am shocked... Shocked I tell you...

Animals.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:10:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#3]
is that iranian code-speak for giving bad head?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#4]
That's just plain sad.

How the hell does a country like Iran survive? It takes an intellectual base to run a country and I'm just not seeing out of Iran, nor the middle east as a whole. How do these guys turn the lights on at night or keep the water running?

For a society that wants to live in the 13th century, they sure use a lot of 21st centrury toys like cel phones and video cameras.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:12:08 AM EDT
[#5]
What do you want to bet that she refused to give him some.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:13:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Sharp tongue = smart ass?  I hope so.  

That hadn't occured to me really until now.  I was reading the topic and post and was imagining this Iranian girl with a razor sharp tongue...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Having raised a couple of step-daughters through their teen years, I've got mixed emotions about the public hanging thing....
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:16:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Sharp tongue huh? I guess she either gave someone a chaffed willy or else they didn't care too much about what she had to say.

It's amazing how those bastards are still stuck in the 13th century. I suppose the fact that they silence free speech and indoctrinate them from birth keeps the cycle going. It's at least nice to see some are trying to break the chains that bind them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#10]
If I lived there I would have never made it past 5.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
the fact that they silence free speech and indoctrinate them from birth keeps the cycle going. It's at least nice to see some are trying to break the chains that bind them.

yep
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:22:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

my thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Iran is next
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:24:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
That's just plain sad.

How the hell does a country like Iran survive? It takes an intellectual base to run a country and I'm just not seeing out of Iran, nor the middle east as a whole. How do these guys turn the lights on at night or keep the water running?

For a society that wants to live in the 13th century, they sure use a lot of 21st centrury toys like cel phones and video cameras.

Many middle eastern countries send people here to be educated to do their jobs that require higher learning. And they don't have a lot of modern conveniences in many places like modern sanitation and electricity in some places. Iraq didn't have a sewer system until we liberated it from Sadam.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#16]
they should call them shit muslims
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:31:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Gee aren't these the same Shi'ai who are trying to dominate the new government in Iraq?

That would be them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:32:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Ah, the religion of peace and tolerance toward women.  

Tabari IX:113 “Allah permits you to shut them in separate rooms and to beat them, but not severely. If they abstain, they have the right to food and clothing. Treat women well for they are like domestic animals and they possess nothing themselves. Allah has made the enjoyment of their bodies lawful in his Qur’an.”

Qur’an 4:15 “If any of your women are guilty of lewdness, take the evidence of four witnesses from amongst you against them; if they testify, confine them to houses until death [by starvation] claims them.”

Qur’an 24:34 “Force not your slave-girls to whoredom (prostitution) if they desire chastity, that you may seek enjoyment of this life. [And here’s the freedom-to-pimp card:] But if anyone forces them, then after such compulsion, Allah is oft-forgiving.”

Qur’an 24:1 “(This is) a surah which We have revealed and made obligatory and in which We have revealed clear communications that you may be mindful. For the woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication, flog each of them with a hundred stripes. Let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah. And let a party of the Believers witness their punishment.”
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

my thoughts exactly.

First thing that came to mind as well.  "Personally"  took charge eh?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:39:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Anybody see "Death in Gaza"? All those Judean Palastinian Muslims seem to love dying. All the men are eager to get blown off to paradise, or encourage some dumb kid to do it. The only ones who seem to have any sense are the women, but they have no power to speak, but you can see it in their face. Maybe this girl was trying to tell them that dying for a futile cause is stupid.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:59:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Thank God Islam is a Religion of Peace of this could have been far, far worse.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:05:13 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Iran is next

+1
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top