Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 8:39:31 AM EDT
I just heard a line from Con Air from John Cusack about how the NRA headquarters was blown up because of some racist white men or something. Now I saw this movie years ago, but don't remember this line. Anyone know what the exact line was or why it was in the movie??
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:51:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah. . .vaguly remember

talking about Diamond Dog (black guy) who blew up the NRA because he said it showed the white mentality. . .looking for the exact quote now. . .
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually, the way it was said, it wasn't a knock against the NRA. In fact, the comment was more a knock toward Diamond Dog and showing what a beast he was.

To reverse this, think of the same situation, only with the bad guy being a white supremacist. The equivalent would be him blowing up the NAACP or something. It doesn't reflect badly on the organization, just the individual.

I was more offended by the comment in Lethal Weapon 4 where "Riggs" commented that the guy with armor over his entire body, a flamethrower and a machine gun (with built in stereo) was probably a "spokesperson for the NRA". But since Mel has gained my respect many other times, I'll let him slide with that line, since he didn't write it anyway. But I gotta admit, it was a bit funny. And that whole scene was about comedic value anyway.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:03:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was more offended by the comment in Lethal Weapon 4 where "Riggs" commented that the guy with armor over his entire body, a flamethrower and a machine gun (with built in stereo) was probably a "spokesperson for the NRA". But since Mel has gained my respect many other times, I'll let him slide with that line, since he didn't write it anyway. But I gotta admit, it was a bit funny. And that whole scene was about comedic value anyway.

That's the only anti-gun comment that offended you in that movie
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:06:01 AM EDT
[#5]
A certain amount of this sort of thing is part of our culture. I usually enjoy it when it shows up.

"Are you the police?"

"No, we're from the NRA..."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top